Cyberpower PC Review

Stephenderp

Reputable
May 27, 2014
I bought a really nice pc from Cyberpowerpc for only 714$ (on sale) This is just a basic review.

The website was super easy to customize your pc and even showed you the price differences from every product.

I had several odd problems when I got the pc. Just random awkward problems. After about a month of having the pc, my CPU fan broke! It was so random. I went on one day to hear a rattling sound from it. I had a 1 year warranty with the company so I called up their costumer support. 1st of all there costumer support is horrible! I talked to them and set up an RMA so I can send it in. Then they said I had to pay for shipping back!? You sent me a broken cpu fan and you want me to send it back & pay for shipping? I was just shocked. it wasn't much to send it but I was still angry at the fact I had to pay. They said if i'm taking the cpu fan out and I break anything my warranty would be voided. Reasonable. Except when I asked how to do it they said they couldn't help me taking it out. It's like they want me to break the pc and void the warranty. I was able to take it out no problem anyways.

An overall rating of the company is a sad 5 1/2 out of 10. The computer was easy to buy and it is a beast, but they sent me broken parts and they have horrible costumer support. I do NOT recommend this company. Worse i've ever seen. Your better off building a pc yourself.

Solution
I've heard a lot of other people saying the same thing. I tell people to avoid them at all costs these days, based on exactly what you said: You're better off building it yourself. At least that way, you know that everything was done properly the first time. There are a lot of people having problems with CyberPower and some of the other 'custom' PC services these days, especially with premature failures and downright shameful support.

Sorry, CyberPower. I don't like ripping on companies, but improve the quality of your service and I'll improve the quality of my thoughts about you.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
I've heard a lot of other people saying the same thing. I tell people to avoid them at all costs these days, based on exactly what you said: You're better off building it yourself. At least that way, you know that everything was done properly the first time. There are a lot of people having problems with CyberPower and some of the other 'custom' PC services these days, especially with premature failures and downright shameful support.

Sorry, CyberPower. I don't like ripping on companies, but improve the quality of your service and I'll improve the quality of my thoughts about you.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I believe you would find many such issues with these guys littered throughout the forums. Their reputation is rather poor. Sorry for your troubles.

At least you know what you have to deal with and you can always swap parts as needed once the warranty expires.

Good luck!

Stephenderp

Reputable
May 27, 2014

Thanks. Right now i'm waiting for them to send the fan back. Having no gaming for 2 weeks now sucks pretty bad but I can deal with it xD