CyberPower Unleashes the 'Gamer Dragon'

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Pretty good price considering the parts. Each part probably cost $200~$300 each. However, as always with cyberpowerPC, you have to wonder about the return policy incase they mess something up which happens quite a bit from their BBB reports and customer complaints.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I've personally had a horrible experience with CyberPower PC and certainly would never go back to them. Their prices may be fair compared to others but when they muck up they don't have any intentions on fixing it.

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]mtyermom[/nom]Did ATi/AMD release a new video card that none of us have heard about? Exclusivity ftw!/sarcasm[/citation]
they are fast cards, and at one point the fastest cards...

G

I'm pretty sure most of the parts in that system can still be warrantied through the manufacturers, so if not satisfied there is may be other routes. In most cases, it may even be faster and cheaper to service a part then the whole unit. But on specs and price, very nice!

I am impressed with the prices as well. I hadn't heard of their service woes. Definitely puts a damper on my impression.
Well, I am glad that AMD is back in the gaming ring and a viable yet affordable option for performance.

G

I have had nothing but positive experience with Cyberpower. I have purchased 2 systems and had various friends order 4 or 5 other systems with absolutely no troubles at all, save one. One of the systems I ordered was damaged in shipping. I contacted CP and they sent me a new system pronto.
Not sure what the service issues are for others but my experiences are all good.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
A combination of NewEgg and Amazon got me all the parts for my new rig for $1620 after shipping.

Core i7 920 processor, 6 GB DDR3-1600 memory, GeForce GTX 285 1 GB video, TRUE 120 heat sink, dual WB 750 GB SATA-II drives, Antec 900 case, Antec 850w power supply, on an EVGA X58 motherboard.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]FlayerSlayer[/nom]A combination of NewEgg and Amazon got me all the parts for my new rig for $1620 after shipping.Core i7 920 processor, 6 GB DDR3-1600 memory, GeForce GTX 285 1 GB video, TRUE 120 heat sink, dual WB 750 GB SATA-II drives, Antec 900 case, Antec 850w power supply, on an EVGA X58 motherboard.[/citation]

But yours doesn't come with a 3 year warranty. Instead each of your parts probably has a 5 year to lifetime warranty and you didn't have the pleasure of paying another $300-500 for labor.

Boy did you make a the "wrong" choice.

Home built PC's FTW

toopower

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I have had nothing but problems with CyberpowerPC, faulty components and their techs don't know how to build the unit. I purchased four of their desktops for a business, and every one of them had problems. Three of them wouldn't even boot because they had forget to connect the harddrive, of those three two did not post because the ram was not seated, and one power supply was disconnected. They also sent a much lower wattage power supply than that was ordered. They replaced it three times before they gave me one with the wattage I originally ordered it with. The one that booted had the video card fail within 15 minutes, it looked like a used card,for it was all scratched up. I They shipped a defective card as replacement, the third video card they sent finally worked. One of the computers was ordered with a floppy drive, it was installed upside down with no screws holding it in. There were other problems also, but I would have to write several more paragraphs to name them all. It took weeks of phone calls to finally get all the problems fixed. I had to ask for a supervisor on several occasions to get all the problems solved. They took days to return my phone calls. Their customer service is terrible.

PS: If you buy one of their computers make sure your a Tech or are familiar with computer builds, that way you can fix all their mistakes.

usafang67

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
Probably a good price but don't count on them to help you when the time comes to ask them for help.......my personal experience.

G

Their entry level uses an onboard graphics chip?
What's the price of it?
IfI'd put a Radeon 4830,4670 or 4850 in it,would it be close to the midrange pc without the added dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.