CyberpowerPC’s ProStreamer Is Two Systems In One Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
but but but two systems in one is a stupid idea!!!!

Remember all the nay sayers? I sure do. This is excellent. A 4790k at 4.6ghz is enough to record in decent quality but if you want HIGH bitrate encodes you really do need more cores or a second system. This is perfect. The i3 should be enough, i5 at most but the i7 would get utilized if it was chosen.
I am concerned about the 128GB ssd being the only option for the streaming portion. I personally have a file server that receives any game footage immediately after being encoded. I imagine a hard core streamer would rather keep the footage local, ready to edit and upload.

Add another hard drive. Fortunatly, pre built pcs still give you the flexibility of DIY PCs, in that you can add more drives and other stuff when needed.

Adilaris

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Better off virtualizing two computers for better power consumption.
Running multiple virtualized OS's is hard enough for a CPU, let alone having to encode, stream, and run an intensive game all at once.
An easier solution is to just run it all at once in regular windows or whatever, like I do, but even new games have to be cranked down a little if they're CPU intensive. This solution allows the player to push their games to the max and still provide smooth high quality streams.

big_tiger

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I guess I am out of the loop on this. How does the streaming PC get the video from the gaming machine?

I haven't streamed high resource heavy games, but my 390x + 6700k have no issues???

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
<removed>solution considering that if you care about not taxing the cpu you simply buy the avermedia live gamer HD capture card and let it do the work instead of your cpu.

Watch the language - G

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
This option is pretty stupid considering that if you about max gaming performance YOU WILL get a capture card like the Avermedia Live gamer HD and let it do the task.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
This option is pretty stupid considering that if you about max gaming performance YOU WILL get a capture card like the Avermedia Live gamer HD and let it do the task.

sylentz199

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

Or just using GFE? What am I missing? Why are you transcoding on CPU?

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@nintendork son, get off it. If the avermedia card was never meant to replace a streaming PC it's a part of a streaming PC. It captures the raw footage, your CPU / GPU on the streaming PC encodes the footage and sends of off to twitch or hit box. Taking that off the gaming PC eleviates between 10-20 % of the load from one machine. And that's if you just stream, never mind if you archive footage for highlight reels like many do.

Adhmuz

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
No problems on a hexacore with 12 threads, you can even go all out and do as Linus did and create two, even three, virtual machines running from Unraid with direct IO virtualization. Setup your gaming system with 4 cores/8 threads and have 2c/4t for the streaming system. I'm in the process of setting this all up myself. You'll have less components to worry about, and as much if not more flexibility, switch all cores over to the main rig for video editing, split them in half for two gaming rigs, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.