Cyberpowerpc Beep Codes

Anastasia_Line

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
My computer is actually beeping while running (not during start up). Mostly it's 3 short beeps *pause* 2 short beeps. In the past when my computer beeped I would find that one of the fans had stopped spinning as was indicated on the panel on the front of my computer. However, I can see no issues with the computer and it's doing this beeping intermittently about every 1-2 minutes. Every now and then it does 4 sets of 3 beeps. Please help. I have the Cyberpowerpc Zeus Thunder SLC4600. Any help would be appreciated. This computer cost me $2500, I'd really like to figure out what's wrong with it before it becomes a major issue. Computer running fine, by the way, just beeping is annoying.

***Update*** It's now beeping in different sequences. I'm beginning to wonder if it's just random. I'm now getting 4 short beeps; or 3 beeps *pause* 4 beeps; or 5 beeps. However, I am still getting 3 beeps *pause* 2 beeps. Any help will be awesome!!

Solution
I understand your annoyance. I had ASUS AISuite loaded at one stage and it kept giving me warning advice on temperatures. That was so annoying so I uninstalled it.
Have you searched what software you have that interacts with Bios to see if that's the culprit. Usually third party software.
Beep codes during post can be determined as you know, if you know the Specific bios beep codes.
Not knowing your system and I have searched, It is hard for me to define the issue.

Sorry I could not be of better help.

Your PC should still be under Warranty so you don't want to risk a void by trying to do stuff yourself.
Contact the company you purchased it from and discus the issue with them.

Anastasia_Line

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I bought this computer 3 years ago but I have reached out to Cyberpowerpc's tech department. I was just looking for some help now. This beeping is really annoying.

I'm not concerned about any risk to my computer as I'm very adept at working on my own PCs. I've changed motherboards, CPUs, memory sticks and a power supply on other computers I've owned.

The only problem I'm having right now is that I cannot find online any kind of "code" for beeping while the computer is running. Generally, beep codes happen during start up. The computer isn't beeping during start up, it's while it's running.

Therefore, I have no idea what the beeping means and can't determine what needs to be repaired or I would repair it.

That's the other issue, the computer is running just fine; it's just intermittently beeping which is seriously annoying!

I understand your annoyance. I had ASUS AISuite loaded at one stage and it kept giving me warning advice on temperatures. That was so annoying so I uninstalled it.
Have you searched what software you have that interacts with Bios to see if that's the culprit. Usually third party software.
Beep codes during post can be determined as you know, if you know the Specific bios beep codes.
Not knowing your system and I have searched, It is hard for me to define the issue.

Sorry I could not be of better help.

Solution

Anastasia_Line

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Thank you for your comment. When you said "temperatures" I thought about what the beeping actually sounded like. It's not a motherboard beep it was the warning beep for the temperatures!! I raised the baseline and the beeping stopped. My computer isn't overheating but the baseline was set too low so it thought it was. Thank you again! Annoying beeping has ceased!!

TRENDING THREADS