CyberpowerPC Debuts Zeus Mini SFF Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think it's overpriced at all. The homebuilt in my sig cost $1,300 in mid-2012 with almost every component on sale. The CyberPowerPC machine has a HT processor, twice the ram, a much more capable GPU, a warranty, and someone else gets to pack everything into that case - for $179. How's that not a good deal if you don't want to build your own?

-$80 for OS cuz no one buys OS.
Also it eliminates options for Xfire or SLI.
Also small boxes cause heat problems.

If companies get discounts on things that they buy in bulk, why does it cost more than if I was to build it myself?
I think the goal of all PC selling companies should to discourage you from building your own cuz they can do it cheaper.

If someone with money did that, they'd have all the other PC companies by the balls.

It does eliminate dual-card setups, but a lot of us would rather have a single more powerful card anyways.

Small boxes absolutely do not cause heat problems if they're designed correctly - trust me, with more than eight years specializing in small form factor rigs, it's not an issue if it's done right.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
It's not a water cooling friendly design at all. It has placement for four fans in the top but no room for a 480mm radiator. And the 140mm CPU radiator is poorly placed. I hope there is a vented side panel that just hasn't been pictured. And most modern PSU's have bottom or top mounted fans, where is the PSU supposed to vent out hot air? I'm heavily leaning towards fail on this design.

maza90210

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I hate it when they put together these high end PC and put a shitty cx500 PSU, everyone knows that the power supply is the most important part of a PC, so why cheap out?

RaduZ

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I hate it when they put together these high end PC and put a shitty cx500 PSU, everyone knows that the power supply is the most important part of a PC, so why cheap out?
That PSU is not that bad, there is a review on this site and it shows that it has a verry nice output. Also i belive they will have other PSU's too because it's hard to belive that they will put the A10 and the R9 290 and expect a 500W power supply to power them (which i think it can but it's not a good idea)

lsorice

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
I just want to be able to purchase that case. Preferably without all those LEDs. That would solve my HTPC/Steam box issues. I can just put all my hardware from last year in there and have a nice machine that could handle 1080p that fits nicely on my tv stand. Excited for the future of small form factor PCs with full sized hardware.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
It's just that it's a premium PC, with a high price tag, you'd at least expect a premium power supply, with at least gold efficiency
As with anything on their side, you can customize your machine. Clearly with this form factor there are limitations, but if a Gold certified PSU is important to you, you can add it for $46. (Corsair CS550). As for PSU exhaust, based on the images it would appear it is blowing to the side of the case, through slotted vents. Wattage is plenty for even the highest end AMD gfx card. If you are a tinkerer and care about sli, watercooling, overclocking, etc, then it is likely you would be building your own machine, from scratch, anyway. For anyone looking for a small form factor machine, not expecting to ever open the case, this one is pretty good, imho.

lsorice

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
To the people looking for SLI, watercooling, overclocking...you're completely disregarding the whole point of a small for factor PC. IMO this is also great cause it allows you to use whatever full size hardware you want if later down the road you want to upgrade it yourself.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
It's just that it's a premium PC, with a high price tag, you'd at least expect a premium power supply, with at least gold efficiency
As with anything on their side, you can customize your machine. Clearly with this form factor there are limitations, but if a Gold certified PSU is important to you, you can add it for $46. (Corsair CS550). As for PSU exhaust, based on the images it would appear it is blowing to the side of the case, through slotted vents. Wattage is plenty for even the highest end AMD gfx card. If you are a tinkerer and care about sli, watercooling, overclocking, etc, then it is likely you would be building your own machine, from scratch, anyway. For anyone looking for a small form factor machine, not expecting to ever open the case, this one is pretty good, imho.

I'm an enthusiast so I like to OC things when they go out of date and don't keep up with current systems. So unlocked processors and custom cooling solutions is my type of deal I guess.

And again, if a small box is designed right, it has no heat problems. Period. I'm an enthusiast too, mate, and I overclock things when I get them just for the fun of it. I don't know what in the world ,"So unlocked processors and custom cooling solutions is my type of deal I guess," means, but it's kind of silly to presume you can't overclock in a small form factor just because tower coolers won't fit in there and you can't think of other options.

There are a few updraft coolers that you can get an i5-3570k to about 4.1, 4.2 GHz on safely if it has a good intake path, there are the all in one watercoolers that have gotten so prolific... heck, there's custom watercooling, which is what I've been using, in small form factor rigs, for a long time now.

This is true, yeah. It has some strange design choices for sure.

There are a few good SFF cases out there, but no amazing choices like there are in mid-tower form factors. At this point I'm pretty sure my next case is going to be hand-built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS