Question CyberPowerPC Is Worthless - Suggest Somebody Local

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
CyberPowerPC is worthless. Their website won't actually let you pay for anything. It just keeps redirecting pages until it's back at the start again.

I've given up on these guys.

Can somebody suggest a local business in the West Monroe/Monroe area of Louisiana that will build me a custom PC? A place that can be drove to. And the PC picked up there.

Need someplace that will build exactly what I want. That can order in the parts I want. And build it how I want.

Let me know. Alright. Thanks!^_^

If you cannot find a better idea, I'd do something like this.

Here is a list of colleges in or near Monroe:

Colleges and universities

Career Technical College
Louisiana Delta Community College
McCann School of Business & Technology
Northeast Louisiana Technical College
UniTech Training Academy
University of Louisiana Monroe

I'd go to a computer lab in the Computer Science area of a couple of those campuses.....where there are dozens of computers in a room that the students use.

Buttonhole a technician or manager in there. Give him a 60 second explanation of your problem, asking for a reference to local talent who could do what you need.

If he can't directly help, ask him to refer you to someone who might have more knowledge about local builders. Someone on that campus maintains that college's computers to some extent. Find that person. What does he know that you don't.

In all likelihood, there is a decent local builder.....you just need to find people who know more than you do about the local scene. A computer lab should have a concentration of those people.

Reactions: Ariel Schnee

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
If you cannot find a better idea, I'd do something like this.

Here is a list of colleges in or near Monroe:

Colleges and universities

Career Technical College
Louisiana Delta Community College
McCann School of Business & Technology
Northeast Louisiana Technical College
UniTech Training Academy
University of Louisiana Monroe

I'd go to a computer lab in the Computer Science area of a couple of those campuses.....where there are dozens of computers in a room that the students use.

Buttonhole a technician or manager in there. Give him a 60 second explanation of your problem, asking for a reference to local talent who could do what you need.

If he can't directly help, ask him to refer you to someone who might have more knowledge about local builders. Someone on that campus maintains that college's computers to some extent. Find that person. What does he know that you don't.

In all likelihood, there is a decent local builder.....you just need to find people who know more than you do about the local scene. A computer lab should have a concentration of those people.

Thanks for the info now!^_^

Locations of Micro Center,
https://www.microcenter.com/site/customer-support/sitemap.aspx
see two times Texas but have no idea if that is within a reasonable driving range from your place. Checked with Google, says just over 4 hours (Dallas) which is quite a drive but maybe doable for you ...

I did specify "the West Monroe/Monroe area of Louisiana" there.

Thanks for the info now!^_^

You asked for a "business".

It could be a business or it could be a person.

A person might want you to order and pay for the parts and then bring them to him.

A business might want the same arrangement.......particularly if the exact parts you want are parts that they don't normally keep in stock or work with a lot.

And it's quite possible you wouldn't get after-sale support. If something breaks, you'd have to rely on your own return privileges with your parts source or your own warranty claim with the manufacturer. I know if I built it, you would be on your own after you walked out the door. All I did was assemble. You inspect the assembly just before you hand over the money.

Cyberpower might supply some after sale support, but that could easily be totally worthless.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I think Best Buy sells Cyber Power or some such prebuilt. Not that I am recommending doing so.

Building a PC isn't particularly hard once you have the proper information. The motherboard manuals of most modern hardware is very self explanatory as well as most modern (popular) choices have build videos on YouTube and the like.

You might well find a better suggestion offered here if you mention what budget you have and what your use case will be targeted at.

DSzymborski

Titan
Have you tried another browser? Because it would be a major disaster for Cyberpower if people couldn't actually pay for anything, so I can't imagine it's something on their end for more than a few hours at most.

And there are cheap system integrator alternatives to Cyberpower, if that's the route you prefer to go down in the end.

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
I think Best Buy sells Cyber Power or some such prebuilt. Not that I am recommending doing so.

Building a PC isn't particularly hard once you have the proper information. The motherboard manuals of most modern hardware is very self explanatory as well as most modern (popular) choices have build videos on YouTube and the like.

You might well find a better suggestion offered here if you mention what budget you have and what your use case will be targeted at.

Oh.

Maybe I should just get the parts, and build it myself?

Here's what I'm after.

---

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A High Air-Flow ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, ARGB, Full-Size Tempered Glass

CPU: Intel Core Processor i5-11600K 6/12 3.90GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 12MB Cache LGA1200

Case Fans: 6X 120mm Phanteks SK120 PWM FAN - high airflow nine-blade 500-1500 RPM Radiator Fans Black

CPU Fan: ENERMAX ETS-T50A ARGB Series CPU Cooler w/ Black ENERMAX Twister Bearing PWM fans

Main Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung 870 QVO-Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 560/530 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 98/88k

Second Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) WD Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Keyboard: GIGABYTE FORCE K83 Cherry MX Mechanical Key Switch Gaming Keyboard (Cherry MX BLUE)

Memory: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (GSKILL Trident Z RGB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI ATX, ARGB, WiFi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 1 PCIe x4, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)

Power Supply: 850 Watts - Corsair RMx Series RM850x 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

External USB Drive: ADATA DashDrive HD710 2TB 2.5" Portable Waterproof and Shock-Resistant USB3.0 External HDD

Video Card: GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready]

Ports: Extra USB 3.0 Ports Added

Recovery: A Recovery... Something

Drive 01: DVD ROM

Drive 02: Blu-Ray ROM

---

Whether you want to build it yourself or not, you should get opinions about your parts list, with a lot more info about:

Your budget.

Top 3 or 4 purposes of the PC. If gaming is one of them, what games at what settings.

Your likely source for the parts. Amazon? Newegg?

How soon you want to buy parts.

Of course, come to a decision about you build it or someone else....before you buy the parts.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I did specify "the West Monroe/Monroe area of Louisiana" there.
I am not blind, related the time travel to it. And you have alot of wishes that Micro Center might be able to fullfill,

Can somebody suggest a local business in the West Monroe/Monroe area of Louisiana that will build me a custom PC? A place that can be drove to. And the PC picked up there.

Need someplace that will build exactly what I want. That can order in the parts I want. And build it how I want.

Maybe you can buy the parts and have a store nearby build the pc for a fee like in the next link,

WinterSmith computers
or
Elliot's Computer Services
or
Always Available Computer Services

Are those parts you want to use new or used? See no reason to go for the 11600K and matching motherboard by now.

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
I am not blind,

Then why did you suggest Dallas, Texas? That's not anywhere in West Monroe, or Monroe, Louisiana. It's not even in Louisiana. The "West Monroe/Monroe area of Louisiana" means either in West Monroe, or Monroe. Not anywhere else.

related the time travel to it. And you have alot of wishes that Micro Center might be able to fullfill,

If "Micro Center" is not in West Monroe, or Monroe, then it is useless to me.

Maybe you can buy the parts and have a store nearby build the pc for a fee like in the next link,

That's what I was asking for.

WinterSmith computers
or
Elliot's Computer Services
or
Always Available Computer Services

I'll give these guys a look then.

Thanks for the link to the places.

I'll check them out soon.

Are those parts you want to use new or used? See no reason to go for the 11600K and matching motherboard by now.

New, of course. Why would I want any used parts? Using used parts, on a new computer? You have to be joking about that. Really...