CyberPowerPC Puts AMD's RX 480 And Nvidia's GTX 1080 In An AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that is pretty loud having all those fans by your head so wont be my cup of tea. However this is pretty nifty they can fit all that in such a cramped space. Here I was thinking a mini-itx build was cramped....

3ogdy

Distinguished
Yeah, the whole system is too cramped and it's not configured properly. I would've used an FX-9590 plus an R9 290X with the stock blower (in case of emergency), a VelociRaptor or two and all of them overclocked and passively cooled with some high-quality plastic heatsinks to keep things quiet and cooking.

HEY! At least it doesn't look like a Dog gamn trash can!
- marketing line

This is pretty cool. It's definitely a real step in the right direction for an AIO, although g-sync would be a must for me.

Managing thermals in something like this is everything. Will you be able to swap out the graphics card, I wonder???

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i always thought that the low refresh rate was limit caused by the bandwidth capabilites of the hdmi/dp cables... if the gpu is IN the monitor, couldn't they include an interface capable of the necessary bandwidth? I feel like it would add a ton of value to the AIO and make it far more appealing to actual gamers...

cfortney

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
Damn, these are awesome, and actually a really good price for what you get on that Pro model. Factoring in the cost of a curved 34" 1440p monitor, you're only really getting charged a few hundred dollars above the the retail for those parts.

bananaforscale

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
RX 480 is *maybe* mid-end, definitely not high end. The review solidified my decision to go 1070, RX 480 simply isn't fast enough to compete without Crossfire and that requires more wide PCIe slots and a beefier PSU. :p

It's mid-end.

Would you call an AMD R9 290x, AMD R9 390x or Nvidia GTX 970 mid-range GPUs?

No, of course not because they are high-end GPUs. So the RX 480, which competes with them, would also be a high-end GPU.

I'd call them mid-end now. They were high end, but now I'd call them mid end with the new GPUs out. Then again it is subjective anyway.

Umm, no it is not subjective at all. It is either is or is not. That is determined by the performance, which is testable and quantifiable. The definition of what is high-end can change over time, but the definition of "High-end GPU" isn't currently "GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 980 Ti" and essentially nothing else nothing else.

There is a clear line between high-end and mid-range. GTX 960 and similar cards are all mid-range. AMD's R9 290 is edging that way, but still high-end. Everything above that is high-end, everything below that is mid-range.

You say the 290 is edging toward being a mid-range card, and just before that you said the definition of a high-end GPU will not change. Since the 290 when it was released was a high-end GPU, how can it be edging toward being a mid-range GPU? That is contradictory.

So according to this article, the RX 480 is high end because it has the same performance as the GTX 1080. So next year when the RX 570 comes out and has the same performance as the 480, will the RX 570 be high end since it matches or beats the high-end RX 480? Or when the RX 660 comes out and has the same performance as the 570, will that be high end?

You have displayed an inability to either read, or comprehend the difference between "can" and "can't." Therefore, I am finished talking to you after this post.

Although we call it "high-end," it doesn't strictly refer to the fastest graphics card on the market. It includes a range of cards. The RX 480 falls into that range. If you are seriously making the argument that just because two GPUs fall into the same segment as each other, that they must have identical performance, then you have further demonstrated a lack of understanding of the graphics card market as a whole. You have also displayed an inability to read simple charts as published in a review that clearly show different graphics card delivering various levels of performance. Your point is completely nonsensical.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
2 Radeon RX 480s in Crossfire lose out to a single GTX 1070 in most tests (look it up), it's not a high end card. Mid-range, we're still waiting on AMD's high-end card (Vega) which is tied to HBM2 so I don't think we'll see it until early 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.