News CyberpowerPC's Wild Kinetic Series Case Features 18 Motorized Vents

Pollopesca

Reputable
Mar 19, 2021
Reminds me of the old Alienware Aurora ALX with the fins that would pop up when temps got high. A novelty as a spectator to be sure, but an inevitable failure point to deal with as an owner.

jonbuder

Commendable
May 3, 2020
I like the concept, but others bring up some good points about longevity and ease of cleaning.
I think noise might be less of a concern to potential buyers because it's likely to be part of a visually "loud" build with lots of RGB, and the noise of little motors opening and closing vents probably would be a pro instead of a con.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Why would you not want maximum cooling all the time? Just remove the crazy stuff and let the air flow through a screen/filter. In fact, letting the inside get to a certain temp before opening more vents is less efficient. Now you went and let it get to a higher temp and have to catch up to where the temps would have been if the vents were always open in the first place.

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
Why would you not want maximum cooling all the time? Just remove the crazy stuff and let the air flow through a screen/filter. In fact, letting the inside get to a certain temp before opening more vents is less efficient. Now you went and let it get to a higher temp and have to catch up to where the temps would have been if the vents were always open in the first place.
I know it makes no sense at all, lets close the vents to heat up the case and open the vents once it gets past 60c... for what purpose i dont know.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not for efficiency, its for people who attracted to bling on cases. Majority of the audience of Cyberpower PC don't watch Gamers Nexus videos so have no idea what air flow means, or why you want that when you can have all these flashing lights to distract from fact they attached a 120mm AIO to a CPU that will eat it for breakfast within a week, or that the case isn't probably ideal for a 3090 but hey, lets sell it to you anyway.

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
In which case, why not buy a simpler case without all the crazy stuff?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I cannot think of a single situation where you would want anything other than full airflow.
When you want silence. Silent cases have closed panels that lower airflow, but also reduce noise. This should have both worlds, though I find questionable how much more silent it can be at slow fan speeds and an open mesh top.

Still, it is marvelous to look at (that gif is hypnotizing).

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
When you want silence. Silent cases have closed panels that lower airflow, but also reduce noise. This should have both worlds, though I find questionable how much more silent it can be at slow fan speeds and an open mesh top.

Still, it is marvelous to look at (that gif is hypnotizing).
Maybe, but for 2 things: 1) I didn't see any indication that the panels were particularly effective with sound blocking, in fact that seems doubtful given that the sound insulation of a case requires more than a few vents in the front of the case. And 2) That's what fan speeds are for. Better airflow will allow a slower fan speed (hence quieter) until things heat up.

USAFRet

Titan
Maybe, but for 2 things: 1) I didn't see any indication that the panels were particularly effective with sound blocking, in fact that seems doubtful given that the sound insulation of a case requires more than a few vents in the front of the case. And 2) That's what fan speeds are for. Better airflow will allow a slower fan speed (hence quieter) until things heat up.
This thing is pure bling.
Reduced sound or temps is better done with good fans and real airflow.

Colif

Win 11 Master
All the people replying on this thread aren't the audience of this case. Its designed to repulse anyone who knows about cooling while attracting those that have no idea.