Question cyberpunk 2077 at 4k goes below 30 FPS for rtx 3080 12GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
Hi All

my setup is i5 12400, RTX 3080 12GB, 32GB of DDR4 and a NVM2 SSD of 1TB for gaming and another same type of 120GB for OS in windows 10. the cyberpunk game bench mark goes below 30 at 4k where all graphics options are at max points and DLSS is at quality. but i have seen YT videos where in 4k at ultra settings they have above 50FPS. so is my CPU is the issue here?

Yes and no, yes because the game is multi-threaded so a low mid-range CPU can get pretty hammered by that specific game, but no for multiple reasons:
  • At 4k you're pretty GPU dependent, games will rely on your GPU more than your CPU and that FPS sounds about right at that level.
  • If you're adjusting the game by presets, then it's best to know that there is a known bug that some preset changes aren't applying properly. You'll have to tweak each setting automatically.
  • It depends on the location you're in, in the game. Some areas will have less to render while others will burn your GPU squeezing every inch of performance. For example, here's another yt video with someone with the same GPU but a slightly better CPU, they're only getting 40FPS with lows of 34FPS.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQsc1HxhGY

So at 4K ultra, I wouldn't be surprised you're getting those framerates, CP2077 is pretty demanding and still needs a ton of optimization.

Reactions: Order 66

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
hmm , damn Nvidia for screwing most of us. if that 4080 16GB is like say 800$ i would have gone for that. got this one via ebay for 600$. ok thanks for the help. i have a bunch of games that my old card 2070 could not beat at 4k. now its its time to see them in glorious 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.