News Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Fix Many Game-Breaking Bugs In Latest Hotfix

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Hopefully the devs aren't being required to work more than 40 hours / week or on weekends and holidays. Of course I'm too busy w/ work to even consider diving into Cyberpunk 2077 until at least January anyway.

emike09

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Anybody else notice subtitles during cutscenes sometimes get stuck until reloading the game? I'll note, I have disabled subtitles completely.

I know they wanted to be available for the holiday buying, but I don't see why they couldn't just wait on releasing this until way more QA-testing was done & bugs fixed. (ok - well, yes, I know I answered myself there)

I know shipping buggy products has become the norm now, but they already delayed the release several times. Even after multiple delays, they still had issues, which makes you wonder how bad they were before the previous delays. Just fix the major issues first before actually releasing, then you can work on cosmetic issues and/or corner cases post-release. Massive frame rate issues on console should never have been allowed past QA testing (where it should have been found). Basically, major issues (and yes, quest issues should be considered major when most of this style of games revolves around them) should be fixed before release, not after the release.

Sure, patching has made fixing issues a possibility now than in the past when code was finalized onto cartridges & the like that couldn't be fixed later. But it's long been a crutch for software devs & marketing/product managers, and there is way less focus on releasing solid products from the beginning.