News Cyberpunk 2077 PC v1.05: Has Performance Improved?

Dec 22, 2020
Playing this game with a RTX 3090 / Threadripper 2950x and other games do not perform like Cyberpunk 2077.

For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War can be played in 8K with ray tracing at 60 FPS using DLSS.

No, Cyberpunk can't be played in 8K at 60 FPS. I don't see that Cyberpunk looks any better, so why the nasty performance?

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Playing this game with a RTX 3090 / Threadripper 2950x and other games do not perform like Cyberpunk 2077.

For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War can be played in 8K with ray tracing at 60 FPS using DLSS.

No, Cyberpunk can't be played in 8K at 60 FPS. I don't see that Cyberpunk looks any better, so why the nasty performance?
CP 77 still needs tons of patches and optimizations, so maybe after 6 months would be a good comparison of performance, BUT that being said you can't compare a game like COD with a big open world game like CP 77, the scope and scale of CP 77 is much bigger and broader... educate yourself about the difference.

Dec 22, 2020
CP 77 still needs tons of patches and optimizations, so maybe after 6 months would be a good comparison of performance, BUT that being said you can't compare a game like COD with a big open world game like CP 77, the scope and scale of CP 77 is much bigger and broader... educate yourself about the difference.

Maybe there's a good reason for the difference in performance, but the same thing can be said comparing it to Watch Dogs: Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Reactions: VforV

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
What test system was used for these benchmarks?
It's listed in the info square above the charts. It's a system that should see no apparent improvement...

Would be way more interesting to see the difference impact running an "older" quad core Ryzen with SMT and a mid range video card.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
For me just play game it feels like lost a few fps. Not much but maybe 5fps. Exploring experimenting have enable fidelityfx and experiment. So before game would crash but now it not. Seem like dlss better but can now try different things in fidilityfx. Without understanding I am noticing as I raise setting get this interesting effect as pan around quick. Almost blur but game try to make it to fps I set even though I cap the scaling. Have indeed pick up the fps maybe 15-20fps. Would not saying this better just experiment before it not working here. For AMD feel like if this isn't enough help to fun RT but the one setting that is good in RT is one that has least performance hit so maybe enough.