I decided to try and refund this game the other day but was denied since I was over two hours. Its not that I don't want to play this game but I've had to do alot of troubleshooting just to get the game mostly working. When I first got the game the frames would be terrible and most times I went into another screen like inventory or an arcade game the frames would drop to 6 fps for awhile. After much troubleshooting most of the issues have been fixed except for one, stuttering every 5 seconds, which makes the game really hard to enjoy. I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas, here are the steps I've taken at this point.
- Updated windows
- updated gpu driver
- Changed native resolution of my monitor from 4k to 2560 X 1440
- Changed to medium graphic settings and then brought down the resolution
- turned on dlss for best performance, by this time the terrible frame drops stopped completely
- turned on max frame rate to be 60 fps
- went into application settings in windows and set priority to high for the game, stutters seemed to stop for a period but when I went back into the game they came back.
- turned vsync on and off to see if there was any positive change. Turning vsync on helped with the screen tearing and didn't cause any stutter issues when I had it on.
- At this point I can play for a short period of time and it will not stutter. But after a short period of time the stutter comes back.
- I have watched over my system performance and at no point does my gpu or cpu reach 100 %.
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- 16 GB RAM
- Nvidia geforce RTX 2060
- 2 TB of Samsung 980 M.2
- Asus Strix B450-I