[SOLVED] Cyberpunk 2077 - Sudden fps drop when entering combat since patch 1.06

Apr 19, 2020
Hi,

did anyone else experience this problem?
played with the new patch (1.06) the first time yesterday and realized, that as soon as I enter combat (doesn't matter if quickhack, gun or detected) I experience a fps drop from the usual 50-70fps down to 5-10fps....
that way my save got kinda unplayable over night. even though savegame size is way below 8MB...

tried a new save, a fresh start, and it seems that it's not affected in the same way. so no problems in a new save...

to wait for a new patch is the best option here, I guess?

thanks for any clues in advance

Solution
Specs always matter and should always be posted when troubleshooting issues. When software running on a machine has been updated, it should expect hardware will behave differently as well. Same with games obviously too. With the game updated your machine could easily be experiencing a different problem now.

Personally I would update windows, do a CLEAN install of your video drivers and verfify the game files in Steam or GOG - whereever you have it.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Maybe lose few frames difficult to judge but defninite no have the fps that low. Thinking something may be up there.

Played with setting to ultra today just to see differences. Lost maybe 10-15fps is game that much better looking maybe slightly.

Apr 19, 2020
What are your Specs?
Has windows also updated since you used the machine last?
Have you checked the game is running in fullscreen mode and not windowed bordlerless?

why should specs matter, if I hadn't had any problems before?
windows on the other hand hasn't been updated in about a year. still running on 1909. will update that now and look if there's any change....not really confident tho.

the game was also always running in fullscreen mode.

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
Specs always matter and should always be posted when troubleshooting issues. When software running on a machine has been updated, it should expect hardware will behave differently as well. Same with games obviously too. With the game updated your machine could easily be experiencing a different problem now.

Personally I would update windows, do a CLEAN install of your video drivers and verfify the game files in Steam or GOG - whereever you have it.

Solution
Apr 19, 2020

thanks, I will keep that in mind. also I'm gonna try your approach.
for now, I loaded an older savegame. cuz it really looked like it was an error to the savegame.... unfortunately I lost like 6-7 hours of progress, but at least it seems to work smoothly again. for now...

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Maybe make the big mistake had tried ini file to enable AA within game. This maybe conflict with HDR mod finally get working correct. Its pretty transformative make game look very different. 3 presets think it gives more vibrant look but really amazing at nite in city lights. Does have performance loss but not nearly as bad as it was before. Thinking maybe I cause the conflict.

Geoff Leven

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
Maybe make the big mistake had tried ini file to enable AA within game. This maybe conflict with HDR mod finally get working correct. Its pretty transformative make game look very different. 3 presets think it gives more vibrant look but really amazing at nite in city lights. Does have performance loss but not nearly as bad as it was before. Thinking maybe I cause the conflict.
You're in the wrong thread

TRENDING THREADS