News Cyberpunk 2077 Team Working Six Day Week To Meet November Launch

m3city

Reputable
Sep 17, 2020
If those guys and girls have pernament contracts, then they get 150% of nominal wage for the first two overtime hours, and 200% for the rest as per polish law. So, they actually may afford to buy an original Cyberpunk 2077 game when it's released, or even a 3080 when it's available in wild;). We work the most out of european countries, so I wouldn't be suprised if they had this regime going on weeks volountarily till now.

ThatMouse

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
10% of the "profit" is probably not very much is it? Companies typically reinvest profit, so they could calculate that to be whatever number they want. It should be 10% of the revenue.

m3city

Reputable
Sep 17, 2020
10% of the "profit" is probably not very much is it? Companies typically reinvest profit, so they could calculate that to be whatever number they want. It should be 10% of the revenue.

Quick search gives: consolidated revenue from first half of 2020 is 145 million PLN ~ 37 mil USD. Lets say they will make 80 througout 2020. So its 8 mli $ for 500 people. If spread out equally then thats LOTS of money in polish reality, 16k $. An average pay (after taxes) here is 1k $ (not for developers, but througout country).

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Make them work 24hrs, 7 days a week for 12 months straight...I want perfection. If they drop dead on the job sight, too bad, dont like it, too bad and quit get a different job!

Welcome to how the US Army operates on deployment, only differences are: there is no option to 'quit', they dont get paid overtime, no comfy bed or home to retreat to, and when its all said and done no one is cheering your name and some will spit on you for your service. So STFU and work harder!

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I wonder how all those CDPR fanboys are reacting to this, haha. Really, the bigger problem is two things: CDPR lied. No avoiding it, that's exactly what they did. Also, I feel like the dev world needs to stop doing this mandatory overtime. How long was this game in development? A few years, right? Like most other games. And how many days will each person work overtime? Less than 30, right? So, if they had been more efficient, they probably could have avoided this. It feels alot like procrastination to me....

Make them work 24hrs, 7 days a week for 12 months straight...I want perfection. If they drop dead on the job sight, too bad, dont like it, too bad and quit get a different job!

Welcome to how the US Army operates on deployment, only differences are: there is no option to 'quit', they dont get paid overtime, no comfy bed or home to retreat to, and when its all said and done no one is cheering your name and some will spit on you for your service. So STFU and work harder!
I really hope you're being sarcastic.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I wonder how all those CDPR fanboys are reacting to this, haha. Really, the bigger problem is two things: CDPR lied. No avoiding it, that's exactly what they did. Also, I feel like the dev world needs to stop doing this mandatory overtime.

On the plus side, at least the mandatory overtime is giving them overtime pay.

In the US, any sort of compensation for the overtime for salaried workers is at the discretion of the employer. Maybe some bonus in pay, maybe some bonus time off, or maybe just a hearty "Well, at least you have a job, right?" and nothing else . .

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I wonder how all those CDPR fanboys are reacting to this, haha. Really, the bigger problem is two things: CDPR lied. No avoiding it, that's exactly what they did. Also, I feel like the dev world needs to stop doing this mandatory overtime. How long was this game in development? A few years, right? Like most other games. And how many days will each person work overtime? Less than 30, right? So, if they had been more efficient, they probably could have avoided this. It feels alot like procrastination to me....

I really hope you're being sarcastic.
First paragraph is me being facetious, the 2nd paragraph is reality and my RL experiences... I want to throw some perspective on this story and the complaining. It can be much much worst and what they have to 'endure' really isnt that bad!

How long was this game in development? A few years, right? Like most other games. And how many days will each person work overtime? Less than 30, right? So, if they had been more efficient, they probably could have avoided this. It feels alot like procrastination to me....
Err... Actually, they announced this game in May of 2012, and the first cinematic teaser trailer was released in January of 2013, almost a year before the Xbox One and PS4 came out. So... more like 8+ years? : 3

It sounds like there was only a small crew working on it during those initial planning phases though, and they didn't focus development on the game until after the Witcher 3 came out in 2015, though that's still a rather long development cycle.

Reactions: Shadowclash10