Discussion Cyberpunk immersion

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
So I spent USD50 to buy the game. It's okay, graphics top notch.

But I have a wishful thinking. The NPC have nice graphics and cosmetics, however they lacks of "life". How big is the deal for the developers to make each NPC has a unique character? And make the game run in real time with day and night transition just like in the real world ?

So if I want to lay a girl, the game mechanics know how to react differently for different NPC. If I punch someone on his face, he will run way, some will punch me back, some will knee down...things like that.

I guess that will increase the game's immersion.
What you reckon?

Reactions: Bassman999
Cyberpunk 2077 DOES actually have a day/night cycle. However, it is FAR closer to real world times than most games for day and night length, so if you are playing short sessions, you may not notice it. It is said a single day lasts 3 hours real time in the game, vs only 50 minutes for GTA V.

https://www.windowscentral.com/single-day-cyberpunk-2077-will-last-around-3-hours-real-world

As for the AI, the devs CDPR have stated there are over 1000 NPCs with different behaviors in the game.
Sounds to me like you just haven't played it enough to notice these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: andypouch

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
Cyberpunk 2077 DOES actually have a day/night cycle. However, it is FAR closer to real world times than most games for day and night length, so if you are playing short sessions, you may not notice it. It is said a single day lasts 3 hours real time in the game, vs only 50 minutes for GTA V.

https://www.windowscentral.com/single-day-cyberpunk-2077-will-last-around-3-hours-real-world

As for the AI, the devs CDPR have stated there are over 1000 NPCs with different behaviors in the game.
Sounds to me like you just haven't played it enough to notice these things.
Thanks for the headsup. I should not say inaccurate comments.