Cybersex is Now Illegal in the Philippines

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Back in these parts, laws like these are laughable at best. It's common knowledge that when the everyday folk gets fucked up, government action is slow to come; but when it's those big-wig rich cats that cry foul, law enforcement pounces almost immediately. I can see some sense of "nobility" in the Act, but damn, no distinction between consensual and non-consensual acts? Draconian and dumb! That's not even touching upon the enhanced breadth of libel this fucked up law. That provision of the law is what really worries me, but with the ineptitude of law enforcement here, I'm not worried.

There are a of inconsiderate and harsh comments in here, but what really breaks my heart is that those comments aren't far from the reality my country is in.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
LOL! This law is nothing, just wants to grab attention. I'm from the country though.

[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]In the Philippines why would you need cybersex?? The real thing is ALL OVER and CHEAP.[/citation]

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
you just recently moved to the US and you are suddenly hollier than any of your countrymen? no wonder we dont progress. if you analyze your comment, its mostly if and they. what happened to what "I" can do to help the situation improve... ah, yes.. "I" moved to the US. THAT IS STUPID AND I HATE IT!!!
Moving to the US has nothing to do with it. I just said that as part of my background. And no, I don't think I'm holier or above my countrymen, but as one of my countrymen, I am aware of the crap that goes on there. I try to stray away from what makes our country crappy. So many people I've been around like to do it the easy way, even though it may be wrong and negatively affect others.

We have a country that has people who stay rich Oligarchs (politicians, etc.) and people who stay poor and uneducated. Our government system in the PH sucks. I really think that we shouldn't have gotten rid of Marcos, whether he was strict and possibly corrupt, he got the Philippines somewhere! Our people need a great dose of discipline, and that includes the actual law enforcers.

BTW, I didn't acquit myself of any of those flaws of our people in that statement, and if you really want to hear someone speak out about what can be done, why don't you get started on making a comment like that, then read it to yourself.

Well, if my comment was filled with "if's" and "they's" that's because things that should be happening have yet to happen, and I'm not a politicians, etc. How can "I" (or more importantly "WE") as a citizen help? By not being the very scum that causes our country to be like that as a start! I'm sorry I didn't BRAG about myself being better than others or what I do to help the country, if that's what you wanted. I don't know if you do that but you've gotta be so full of yourself to do that. Don't give us that kind of useless comment if you aren't gonna say something useful yourself! That kind of thinking won't get the Philippines or any other country anywhere I have to say...

G

The most corrupt period in the Philippines was during GMA's reign. Right now, it's slowly subsiding, thanks to the impeachment of the Chief Justice who is one of GMA's appointed personnel. Hopefully, the corruption will lessen in the future. I don't expect it to disappear but it's a start.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Doctorpink[/nom]Maybe it's a good thing. Without Cybersex, people might man up and be (removed) sarging on the streets and (removed) girls instead of (removed) in front of their monitor.[/citation]

maybe if we had a massive war which killed a good 50-70% of men, women wouldn't be able to be so picky either, because i know no matter how good my personality is, the women i want dont want me.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]maybe if we had a massive war which killed a good 50-70% of men, women wouldn't be able to be so picky either, because i know no matter how good my personality is, the women i want dont want me.[/citation]
HAHAHA

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I love that anti-cyber squatting law. We really need that in the rest of the world.

As for their new law, I'm not sure how they plan to enforce it, or how they plan to measure its effect. I doubt it will be very successful. It looks more like an add-on penalty for those they do catch through traditional enforcement.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Damn it.... stupid 3rd world countries, they suck and their people are too stupid to stand against their corrupt government, they deserve it for being so stupid.[/citation]
The USA has had 300+ years of independence to reach where it is, and it still has a long way to go. The 3rd world's challenges are very complex.

Take India for example. 1.2 billion people, 3.2 million square km, 23 official languages, 28 states and 7 union territories, majority Hindu, large minority of Muslims and Christians, lesser numbers of Buddhists, Jains, Parsees and i think Jews as well. Add to that, every cardinal direction has a very different culture, and three very separate branches of human population: Aryans in the north, Mongoloids in the north-east and Dravidians in the south. It's still one country (if you exclude Kashmir troubles), and we've only had about 60 years of independence.

That's the kind of diversity one has to manage in the third world, and there are unfortunate trade-offs.

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]maybe if we had a massive war which killed a good 50-70% of men, women wouldn't be able to be so picky either, because i know no matter how good my personality is, the women i want dont want me.[/citation]
LOL

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

Good point there, but you know what that means? We need extra good leaders in these countries to take the reins. Now, when you have a majority of people who don't have the values or education to know what's good for the country, a democracy is a bad idea I would say. Take the Philippines for example. The masses (or a lot of people plainly) would vote for an actor running for presidency, and it seems like just because...

I'm not a totalitarian idealist but what we need here is a dictator to unify the people, who can make compromises between the people. And even though dictators have a bad rep, if you have someone up there who truly just loves his/her country and is full of integrity (i.e. not corrupt) and values, is smart, and is open-minded, then that can make for something good.

It was proposed that a parliamentary system (or a federation like the US) would be good for the Philippines, with it being all scattered into islands and regions. That would also be good for your example, India then, though you say that they already have states. Though, splitting up the countries seems like it goes against a one world thing, whatever's best for the people.
I'm for the EU coming into fool bloom (one country, like the US), though maybe I shouldn't think like this because I may not be aware of all the implications for the people there and the world...

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Interesting that it has been made illegal so now that will drop all of those women from myfreecams. It seems that site has had a lot less Phillipines lately.

Would be better though if they transported most of the Filipinos back to their country from the US though. They are the most racist and vile people I have come across in California. And I'm friendly to everyone. It is sad to be around them.

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

Can you share some experiences? I do know a few relatives of mine here who tend to be racist. I think it's because the general Filipino way thinking may be to (over)simplify things which racism may be considered. I'm not saying that this is a fact, and most certainly not for every single Filipino.
What makes you say they're vile?
I too have problem with my people in general (and I'm not necessarily free of these problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.