Cybersex is Now Illegal in the Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Damn it.... stupid 3rd world countries, they suck and their people are too stupid to stand against their corrupt government, they deserve it for being so stupid.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]idroid[/nom]Damn it.... stupid 3rd world countries, they suck and their people are too stupid to stand against their corrupt government, they deserve it for being so stupid.[/citation]

Which country do you live in?
USA? Where they get a heart attack if a nipple should show itself on TV ?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdog44[/nom]There goes 98% of their internet traffic...[/citation]
Actually I think 98% of their Internet traffic is downloading Journey songs on iTunes or somehow else...

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Which country do you live in?USA? Where they get a heart attack if a nipple should show itself on TV ?[/citation]
Video Games: Allows killing of all kinds, gore levels of all acceptability. (Be-heading and then blowing that head up and seeing all the brains fly everywhere)

Show some sort of "nudity"=BANNED!

USA.WMV

xaed

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
As a Filipino, I can tell you right now it doesn't mean ANYTHING.

The government is too corrupt to have any real enforcement of this law. Anti sex-trafficking you say? Yeah Go on Google and type in "Angeles City Philippines". Watch the youtube videos of the place.

This isn't gonna change anything.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Actually I think 98% of their Internet traffic is downloading Journey songs on iTunes or somehow else...[/citation]

Well Journey did have some great songs :)

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

It's nice seeing some fellow countrymen/women around these parts. I've recently moved to the US. I really agree with you there. The Philippines sucks in terms of law enforcement. Bribing traffic enforcers is very common. The government sucks in general and the masses seem to be mostly uneducated, which doesn't mix well with democracy there.

Piracy is another supposed illegal thing there but it's still rampant. I mean, there are these places where they are concentrated, and I don't see why law enforcement officials don't clean them out. The seem like such easy targets! Maybe because the vendors pay the police to look the other way or something. IT'S STUPID AND I HATE IT!

If only we let the US take hold of us way back then, instead of pushing for independence. I mean, look at Japan now. :lol:

Though seriously, I hope they don't start observing our Skype and other video calls, even if they don't enforce the law, or if they have to, I'd prefer if true professionals do it, but I have a feeling that they might just record the streams and post them online or something. I hope not though video scandals are rampant in the PH as well.

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
Hahaha

This means nothing

we have an Optical Media Board (http://omb.gov.ph/ombnew/), earlier in it's conception there was indeed some crackdown on pirated optical media - music CDs and movie DVDs were crushed by some machinery and shown off on network TV. Market and malls are still lined with them

There was also active crackdown some years ago on pirated software that made small time internet shop owners close down (though I know for a fact that a major internet cafe chain used pirated windows xp), after some years, nothing came of it

now this? HA!
This is all just for show, politicians showing off that they have 'morals'

G

you just recently moved to the US and you are suddenly hollier than any of your countrymen? no wonder we dont progress. if you analyze your comment, its mostly if and they. what happened to what "I" can do to help the situation improve... ah, yes.. "I" moved to the US. THAT IS STUPID AND I HATE IT!!!

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Ridiculous politicians passing ridiculous laws, and a ridiculous president signing it into law.

What have become of the Philippines, its suppose to be a haven.

There's a another proposal which penalize downloading of "pirated materials" with stiff penalty, lol, but you can buy at any corner of the market pirated DVDs.

Philippines is full of moronic politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.