Cyborg R.A.T. 7 loss of tracking

CCasarella

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Hi all,

I've been having some problems with my R.A.T. 7 mouse (for a while now), but the frequency at which these problems are coming up is increasing. Often, when I boot my computer into Windows 7, I get this weird problem where the mouse will practically only track vertically up and down along the screen. I'll really have to fight with it to jump to the left or right, and even then, it's almost a stair-step like reaction (it will continue to jump finite jumps to the left and right and otherwise only track up and down). Also, sometimes, when I change whatever surface my mouse is on (slick pad vs. microfiber vs. carpet, etc), absolutely no movement occurs until I unplug the mouse and plug it back in.

The only thing I've found with both the issues is that if I unplug it and plug it back in a couple of times, it works like normal, but this is starting to become a real pain (and sometimes doesn't even fix it). Has anyone else ran into this problem before, and is there a solution besides maybe just buying a new mouse altogether?

Solution
yeah its a known issue. i have had 2 rat 7 contagions and both have developed the same faults. when mine stops tracking i knock it from about half an inch onto my mat and that normally fixes it for a while. its not gonna last much longer and to be honest my opinion is its overpriced junk. poorly made internals have ruined a good looking, nice feeling mouse.
they do have a 2 year warranty so if you can rma it. if its less than a year old rma it to the shop you bought it from and ask for a refund.
yeah its a known issue. i have had 2 rat 7 contagions and both have developed the same faults. when mine stops tracking i knock it from about half an inch onto my mat and that normally fixes it for a while. its not gonna last much longer and to be honest my opinion is its overpriced junk. poorly made internals have ruined a good looking, nice feeling mouse.
they do have a 2 year warranty so if you can rma it. if its less than a year old rma it to the shop you bought it from and ask for a refund.

Solution

CCasarella

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

Well, that's disappointing. I've been otherwise pleased with the mouse so far, in terms of comfort and all. It's definitely out of the 2 year warranty, I think I got this back in January/Feb of 2012; time to go to amazon...

TRENDING THREADS