[SOLVED] Cyclic redundancy check on new SSD

Sep 27, 2019
I just build my new PC, installed fresh copy of windows and when I wanted to initialize SSD I got from Amazon(at least I think this is SSD as I have few disks in the box) I receive message "data error(cyclic redundancy check)". Now I will physically unplug all the rest of my HDD's and live this SSD, but I just want to make sure if windows doesn't have some kind of limit of how many drives can be installed at one time. Just for transparency, I have 5 physical drives, 2 of them are SSD's, rest are HDD's and out of those 5 I have 6partitions.
screenshot-3.png

Last edited:
Solution
I did physically checked every disk one by one and case is solved. Disk manager was right:) It wasn't my SSD but one of my HDD's that just crapped out on me.
Sep 27, 2019
Check your SSD with the rest of the drives disconnected...

Many M.2 -connected drives can sometimes interfere with/cause SATA ports to be disabled...; are all of your drives standard 2.5"/3.5" SATA?
1 is m.2, 1 is SSD and the rest are 3.5HDD's
And they are all SATA. Right? I didn't changed anything in UIFI so I think they should be.

Sep 27, 2019
Check your SSD with the rest of the drives disconnected...
But wait. Do I have to take out this M.2 drive? Cause it will mean I have to disassemble large part of my pc. The M.2 is close to CPU socket, it has heat spreader on it so it would mean taking off cpu cooler(i have 3rd party so it's wide and tall)and taking out the graphic card.

Sep 27, 2019
I did physically checked every disk one by one and case is solved. Disk manager was right:) It wasn't my SSD but one of my HDD's that just crapped out on me.

Solution