Cylinder symbol is off while laptop is on

Aug 7, 2018
So lately my laptop has been freezing and what I mean by that is like the screen gets frozen, the mouse stops working and basically frozen. So I ended up getting frustrated with it and factory reset my laptop and the problem went away for about a couple minutes then it happened again. Now I just realized that the screen will stay on and the battery works but the cylinder symbol LED is off so I googled what the cylinder symbol is and its supposedly the hard drive. Now I'm stuck and dont know what to do. My question is how do I fix this issue? My laptop is an ASUS gl502vt gaming laptop.

Good.

Now what I would do (if it's even possible)....is boot up normally and shut down processes and apps until you hopefully get the problem to go away.

It now sounds to me like an app or a process is hanging up.

Whatever that app or process is....isn't running in safe mode.

Aug 7, 2018
So I exited out of safe mode and as soon as I got to the login screen I had a few seconds to type my password it ended up freezing up. So I turned it off and back on and I managed to login and i opened up task manager to see if anything is acting weird and it shows the disk is at 100%

Sometimes you can sort by disk usage and find out which app is using the disk so much (if you're lucky)....BUT....

other times it won't show you and this is where it gets frustrating.

So try that.

If it doesn't show you...diagnosing this becomes a crapshoot.

This is where I would be reseating everything.....setting my BIOS back to the defaults....removing components (to see if a component was causing it)....and I might even end of doing a clean install of Windows.

Aug 7, 2018
Hopefully this will clear things up. One day I was playing the sims on my laptop then something happened and the screen froze and it was turning on and off randomly and I couldnt do anything so I held down the power button. I turned the laptop back on then that's when the freezing problem started so I figured the game must've corrupted something so I did a sfc scannow and there was one thing that was broken but it was "fixed" but I still kept getting frozen screens after a start up so I had reset my laptop to and whipped everything. I thought that fixed the problem but no it still froze after a factory reset. Except this one time where I managed to get it to work my laptop crashed and I got an error from windows saying that my computer ran into a problem and the problem was called "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" so again I factory reset and it worked for a couple minutes then it froze again and just now I got the error "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" again. But I'm so lost because everything works fine in safe mode

Aug 7, 2018
Sorry for the late answer but the warranty was only for one year. Also I got a BSOD it says critical process died. I think I just might go to best buy or a repair place to repair this thing.