CYRI Is Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestar

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
So a friend of mine wanted to know if he could play some games, so I used Can You Run It to check. Now it got everything right except his video card. He has an ATI Radeon HD 5450 by XFX. But in CYRI it says he has "ATI display adapter (0x68F9)"

It also has the wrong specs for the card, saying it only supports SM 4.0 when it supports 5.0.

Is there anyway to get it to see it right, or will everything work fine anyway because the card can actually handle it?

Can it?
First you really need to know what you have under the hood.....
Then you really need to know the potential of whats under the hood
And lastly CYRI can easily be found by checking the minimum requirements of the game you want to play, if what you have under the hood is better than the minimum requirements of the game then you can play it but just don't expect it to do it with ease unless under the hood is way higher than Optimum Game Requirements.....

Firestar

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

It does report the specs right, and I don't expect great performance either, he just wants to know if he can the Sims and a few other games once in a while.

I know what card I have and the specs, but it's just that CYRI it reporting it wrong.

I did a Google search and someone else had a similar issue, where it got the name of the card wrong (same as it does for me) but it got all his specs wight, and it isn't for me.

I guess I am mostly concerned that if CYRI can't see the full potential of the card, and games won't be able to either. Does that make sense or should I just not worry about it?

amirie

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Hey There Firestar.

Not sure if your still concerned about this but it is simply that CYRI goes on the basis of your DirectX as well as your graphics card.

It should be noted that if your friend is using Windows XP (i.e DirectX 9) , it will show up as Shader Model 4.0 as well as Hardware and Lighting I also believe?

Windows Vista allows you to use DirectX 10, so it would show up as Shader Model 5.0 etc.

This comes from using a Geforce 9 card and having exactly the same pop ups! :D

In terms of playing, as long as the card meets or excels the minimum requirments, he should have absolutely no problems.

If however he wanted to crank all his settings up to max, that's where the Shader Model would be needed.

Anyhow, hope this is able to help you in some regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.