[SOLVED] D/C while plugged, Everything is fine while on battery power

CadenzaBrn

Prominent
Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone and sorry in advance for my poor English.
I would like to ask for your help on an issue I can't seem to figure out myself.
One of my friends recently bought a MSI thin 95c. It has a built-in Intel Wireless-AC 9560.
My friends is trying to play games on Steam.
When he tries to log in online games, he always get a message saying his computer cannot establish communication with remote servers. And it seems to be confirmed by the fact that Steam suddenly displays a message notifying : "No connection".
At first, I thought there may be something wrong with his wireless card, or Steam account, but something really puzzles me.

When he tries to log in with his AC adapter unplugged, using battery power, everything works fine. When he tries with his computer plugged, he always experiences this d/c. We tried more ten times or more, it confirmed this. While using ethernet, everythihg works fine even when plugged.

I tried to update his wireless card drivers and verify his power management options. Nothing seems to be wrong. I also checked that his network card couldn't be put to sleep (in network options) and this option is unchecked. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Could one of you maybe try to help us ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Last edited:
Solution
This:

"When he tries to log in with his AC adapter unplugged, using battery power, everything works fine. When he tries with his computer plugged, he always experiences this d/c".

"d/c" being disconnect - correct?

My thought is that when the AC adapter is plugged in it is interfering with the wireless adapter in some manner.

Could be some internal /physical issue inside the MSI 95c. If he just bought it then I recommend returning it.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"When he tries to log in with his AC adapter unplugged, using battery power, everything works fine. When he tries with his computer plugged, he always experiences this d/c".

"d/c" being disconnect - correct?

My thought is that when the AC adapter is plugged in it is interfering with the wireless adapter in some manner.

Could be some internal /physical issue inside the MSI 95c. If he just bought it then I recommend returning it.

Solution