D-Link DI-624 won't reset, is there a hack I can do to fix it?

mkenyon2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I picked up a used DI-624 at Goodwill for $5, with it's power supply. It's got a Verizon FIOS sticker on it. I figured, I could always use another switch/router.

First thing I wanted to do was reset it to factory default. I followed the instructions online, about holding down the reset button and all that, but I still can't get into the web based configuration. I have 2 other D-Link wireless routers, so I'm pretty familiar with them. I also have a couple routers from other brands, so I'm pretty familiar with the basics of setting up routers.

I wondering if this was 'bricked' or fried. Is there something I can do to work on it? I've repaired LCD monitors and other electronics, so I feel I'm at least mediocre with a soldering iron. I'm willing to open the thing up and cross some wires if necessary. (J/K about the wire crossing, I wouldn't want to fry it if I don't have to.)

G

As it's branded Verizon it may have custom firmware and a non-standard password. You might be able revert to Dlink's regular firmware by reflashing.

Suggest you look at Dlink and Verizon websites -- if they have a forum another user may have raised the same query.

Generally default passwords are something simpleminded like maybe ... verizon or admin.

TRENDING THREADS