D-Link Extreme N Dual Router

Irrenhaus

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Hello:

Just wondering if anybody has this unit or something cloe to it, with a USB connection. I am planning to get one. I need to know if its possible to connect a USB hub and have two devices conected to the USB Port on the router to share on the network. (Printer and External HDD)
Thanks

jtsurfs

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
No, D-Link only sets up their USB for the Windows Network setup. You cannot setup a hub or device. I was disappointed by this when I got my DGL-4500.

jtsurfs

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Actually I have to correct myself. Was so busy with other stuff I missed that D-Link released a new firmware that allows the usb port to be used for other devices. Might need to check your router with D-Link to see if there is an update. If you have the DGL-4500 the firmware you want is 1.13.

Zcuda

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Hmmm I just bought this and was just now looking at it. I haven't hooked it up yet, waiting for my FIOS to be installed.
Here is an odd question... Why would they put a Cat 5e wire in with this when it is suppose to be THE GAMING ROUTER!!?? I would have expected a Cat 6 wire instead. How shameful to put a Cat 5e wire in with this gaming router! :ouch: :ouch: