D-Link Ships World's First Portable Wireless AC Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Why is a AC Router only equipped with 10/100 Ethernet port?This doesn't make any sense...
well lets face it there are not many places in the world that have greater that 100Mb internet access which is what that port is for. You might as well say that every AC router is useless if you dont have more than 300Mb internet. You use that speed to transfer files/stream over the network not for the internet.I quite like the device, would defiantly come in handy for me

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
You might as well say that every AC router is useless if you dont have more than 300Mb internet. You use that speed to transfer files/stream over the network not for the internet.
You have got the wrong idea. That 300mbps wireless is useless as it'll be bottlenecked to 100mbps if you're transferring files/stream over the network which is connected by the ethernet socket.

NeatOman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
I'm just waiting for a friggen wireless AC Access Point that's not $200! I already have a very good open source N router,

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Why is a AC Router only equipped with 10/100 Ethernet port?This doesn't make any sense...
Because it's D-Link. Their products are garbage. Buy TP-LINK and Asus instead if you're in the consumer sector. Alternatively, they (D-Link, not Tom's, 10/100 is also quoted on the D-Link product page) copy-pasted specs from somewhere and didn't bother to verify. But I'm leaning towards the former reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS