D:/ not Accessible

raghulamresh

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Hello i'm Raghulamresh i'm in India I love to play with computer.... From my small age i love to explore stuffs in computer!!! All the problems in my computer i solve it by myself... My hard disk's capacity is 160 GB I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 - bit installed and I have 4 partitions in my Hard disk i.e. Local disk c,d,e,f. I used to store all my stuffs which i download from the internet in Local Disk D... Recently I came across a problem in my computer that is when i switched on my computer and went to my computer and saw like this
pRkxx.jpg

When I just clicked it to open it showed like this
wvMw9.jpg

I dint want to format it because I don't have any backup for this and this drive contains important files which cannot be brought back again, so i clicked cancel and it showed something like this
Q6xSX.jpg

Then I clicked OK after again I tried to open the drive the same thing repeatedly came then i thought it might be any permission problem(though I'm the administrator of the computer) so i went to the drive's properties there was no security tab as shown here
ewJND.jpg

I don't know what to do can anyone help me with this problem??? please

Right click on d:, goto properties / tools and run the error checking. There is a small chance to get your data back, but it's more likely to be lost. Run the error checking on the other partitions as well, because this might be a general disk problem.

raghulamresh

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

I went for error checking as you said but it shows like this
Rjrjw.jpg

I dont wanna format my disk....

raghulamresh

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Thank you i tried photorec and zero assumption recovery they din't help a lot but the chkdsk command worked all the problems are over now I am able to work with my disk without any lose of files!!!! thank for the solution thank you so much....:bounce: