D: not in Index

OKTowelie

Reputable
May 24, 2014
I am having an issue with Windows Media Player not adding media that I have added to the library. When I tried to remove and add the library, it told me that the library was unresponsive (I can play the files that were already in the library). I have dug a little deeper online and it turns out that the library is not in my search index because the external HDD that the library is stored on is absent from the list.

Drives C: and F: (the local disk and an external SD Card) are both on the list when i try to modify the index options, however D: is absent from the list. is it possible to add D: to the list? or is this not even my issue? any ideas?

You should be able to open up windows file explorer.

Right click on the D: drive from the route list of physical drives connected to your system.

Select properties from the pull down menu.

And by clicking on the general tab, then the tick box at the bottom of the open box, or window Index files.

Click ok or apply.

Restart the system and let windows load again.

And it should fix the problem.

Obviously if the drive is of an external type it needs to be connected and set as online.

Because you cannot index a drive if it`s not connected to the system at the time you choose to add files to a playlist ect.
Ya dig me ! yup ?