[SOLVED] D-RGB fans and how to connect

fuzionzz

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
I am getting a P400a digital case which comes with 3 D-Rbg case fans. I am alose getting an ASrock b450 steel legend mobo with 2 additional d-rgb case fans. My question is i have one 1 Rgb header and 1 D-rbg header. I am a noob in fans and i dont know how i connect all 6 fans to the mobo.

Solution
Get an D-RGB Hub like this

https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-Splitt...hild=1&keywords=RGB+Hub&qid=1605926771&sr=8-4

This is a completely passive device that merely connects all ten of its headers in parallel. Thus, it gets all power for the lights from the mobo header, and for most fans you can connect six fans' lights to a single header OK. The Hub comes with a single input cable that takes up one Hub port and connects to the mobo D-RGB header, leaving you with 9 outputs to use. Do NOT try to use the mobo plain RGB header.

The fans with the case have non-standard connectors on them. Your easiest path for those three is to connect them to the case's D-RGB control board as...

fuzionzz

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
As there is 3 D-RGB fans do they daisy chain and connect to one fan header or to 3 fan headers? Additionally if i were to buy more fans D-RBG fans what do i connect them to?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Get an D-RGB Hub like this

https://www.amazon.com/RGEEK-Splitt...hild=1&keywords=RGB+Hub&qid=1605926771&sr=8-4

This is a completely passive device that merely connects all ten of its headers in parallel. Thus, it gets all power for the lights from the mobo header, and for most fans you can connect six fans' lights to a single header OK. The Hub comes with a single input cable that takes up one Hub port and connects to the mobo D-RGB header, leaving you with 9 outputs to use. Do NOT try to use the mobo plain RGB header.

The fans with the case have non-standard connectors on them. Your easiest path for those three is to connect them to the case's D-RGB control board as designed, and then connect a cable from that to the "mobo D-RGB header". Except, you will connect that to one of the Hub's outputs. The case's controls for lights includes a way to let the mobo signal take over, rather than using the manual buttons of the case controls.

Solution