[SOLVED] d-sub and vga

Brendon_Austin

Commendable
Jan 1, 2020
I am getting a new motherboard and im using an igpu cpu.
I have D-sub and dvi-D on my new motherboard and on my monitor i have VGA, DP and HDMI on my monitor and i was kinda sure but unsure that i could conect a D-sub with VGA nad was wondering if i needed an adapter or not.
Thank You!

Solution
I have D-sub and dvi-D on my new motherboard and on my monitor i have VGA, DP and HDMI on my monitor and i was kinda sure but unsure that i could conect a D-sub with VGA nad was wondering if i needed an adapter or not.
Thank You!

The 'D-Sub' connector is just the technical name used for a standard VGA port, so no adapter required.
Thank You!

The 'D-Sub' connector is just the technical name used for a standard VGA port, so no adapter required.

Reactions: Brendon_Austin
Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Merged threads due to being the same topic.

You could also look towards buying a motherboard that conforms to your display input needs on the monitor, as opposed to buying adapters but that will prevent you from migrating onto a latter standard of display connectivity.