[SOLVED] "D-sub no signal entering power saving mode" - Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570

Sep 4, 2021
I booted my PC (HP Envy h8) and noticed that the monitor was displaying "D-sub no signal entering power saving mode". My monitor is connected to dedicated video card (Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570). It was connected to DVI port on the card. I tried following..

• Got different cable and tried to connect to DisplayPort and stil blank screen
  • Tried connected computer to different monitor and still blank
  • Took power cord from the different computer and tried to use it on Envy but still no luck
  • Computer boots and I can hear hard drive spinning, video card fan is spinning
  • When I connect the mouse i can see the light on the mouse
  • removed RAM and installed it back and on reboot still no display
  • removed video card and re-installed it and still no display
At this point I was hoping maybe I can have better luck if I connect to onboard video (IPMMB-FM Formosa) so ...
  • Removed the cap that was blocking DVI port
  • Removed video card from Envy
  • Booted the computer but computer now just keeps restarting over and over so I have to unplug it from the power in order to stop it
I am thinking this rebooting has to do with booting on board graphic connected to monitor. Can someone suggests whats next at this point i can do ?

Thanks

Solution
Hi Lutfij,

I do have onboard graphic but when I connect my monitor to it computer keeps restarting. ( I did remove dedicated video card). My PC product # is H4A33AA#ABL

I have another PC and I will test Envy video card on it. I am curious why Envy is restarting when connected to onboard video card.

If the system restarts without the video card, the computer itself is bad. Could be power supply or the motherboard as the most common things to cause this. Did you try anything like swapping RAM?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the SKU(not the serial number or Service Tag) to your HP Envy H8? How old is the prebuilt's PSU in the system(in essence you can along with the age the prebuilt for us to understand the age of the PSU)? To me the issue reads out like your PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power to the entire system. In retrospect, that's just speculation since we will need to know what the specs to your prebuilt are. Chances are you don't have an iGPU or perhaps the discrete is faulty. You can take the discrete GPU and hook it up to a donor system and see if the GPU works off their end, that way you have ruled out one part either being or not being faulty.

Sep 4, 2021
Hi Lutfij,

I do have onboard graphic but when I connect my monitor to it computer keeps restarting. ( I did remove dedicated video card). My PC product # is H4A33AA#ABL

I have another PC and I will test Envy video card on it. I am curious why Envy is restarting when connected to onboard video card.

Sep 4, 2021
Tried to use my video card from different computer that i know it works but it is too small for Envy. (Two video cards)

I also noticed that

• When i remove all the RAM I hear 5 beeps
  • When i keep the RAM computer starts and then restarts 3 times and on 4 time it stays on and it doesnt restart any more.

Hi Lutfij,

If the system restarts without the video card, the computer itself is bad. Could be power supply or the motherboard as the most common things to cause this. Did you try anything like swapping RAM?

Solution