[SOLVED] d-sub port doesn't seem to work on ASRock motherboard

Oct 24, 2020
So here's a goofy problem. I have a new build with the following:

ASRock B550M-HDV
AMD Ryzen 3400G

I'm using the integrated Vega graphics through the motherboard. The HDMI and DVI outputs work, but not the analog D-sub port. I have tried:
  • flashing the BIOS to the latest version
  • clearing the CMOS jumper
  • two different VGA cables
  • three different monitors
If anyone has an idea of what might be the trouble, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Solution
Assuming the display you're trying to connect it to has a native VGA (D-SUB 15) input, try shutting down your computer, disconnecting the digital outputs (HDMI/DVI) and only connect the VGA. It may be that your motherboard can only output one or the other (digital or analog) not both simultaneously.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Assuming the display you're trying to connect it to has a native VGA (D-SUB 15) input, try shutting down your computer, disconnecting the digital outputs (HDMI/DVI) and only connect the VGA. It may be that your motherboard can only output one or the other (digital or analog) not both simultaneously.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Oct 24, 2020

-Wolf sends

Thanks for the tip, as this has indeed worked on previous builds. However, I forgot to mention, I already tried that too. (And the board officially supports three simultaneous outputs.) So, the search continues : (

TRENDING THREADS