D3dx9_26 dll

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Don't download a .dll file when you can get them yourself by going into C:\Windows\System32 and copy those that you need into the app folder. Sometimes some apps/games require to have a copy of those into their own folder don't ask me why I don't know. So by going into that folder you can see if the files you are looking for, are there like they should. If not just reinstall the latest directX.

https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Hope it helped you out. ^-^

You can't simply reinstall DirectX.

You should first Google the instructions on how to run the "DirectX diagnostics" built into Windows.

On Windows 7 (and probably XP and Vista) you only need type "dxdiag" (no quotes) into the Start Menu's search/run bar.

I assume if there was a DirectX error it would either auto-fix or give instructions.

t00r

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Restart your computer if you haven't yet.

The xapofx1_5.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.

Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the xapofx1_5.dll not found error.

Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.

Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.

You can use the dllsuite to solve the missing dll problems.
www.dllsuite.com