D400 - need bluetooth

I am looking for the internal (TrueMobile ?) bluetooth for a new D400
Latitude. Is this available for me to install or should I have our IT
person try to get it through Dell?

TIA-
Ken Williams

---

> I am looking for the internal (TrueMobile ?) bluetooth for a new D400
> Latitude. Is this available for me to install or should I have our IT
> person try to get it through Dell?

Having just fitted one of these to a D600 a few points.

Dell are not supposed to supply these as an aftermarket option but you can
get hold of them if you speak to the right people.

To install, you need to remove the screen, keyboard, top case and palm rest
(I seem to recall I had to remove about 25 screws in all). If you are not
used to working on laptops, you may want to ask your IT person to do it. As
you can tell from the above, Dell never designed this thing to be an easy
after sale fit.

Wow, seems like a lot of work. I ended up spending 2 hours and 13 transfers
on Dell's 800 number to finally get the part number 2U381 for the board.
Sounds like I can just plug it into the connector. I checked and connector
is there waiting for it. Hopefully everything else is already there.
kw

"Networkguy" <032004@network##noSPAMplease##guy.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I am looking for the internal (TrueMobile ?) bluetooth for a new D400
> > Latitude. Is this available for me to install or should I have our IT
> > person try to get it through Dell?
>
> Having just fitted one of these to a D600 a few points.
>
> Dell are not supposed to supply these as an aftermarket option but you can
> get hold of them if you speak to the right people.
>
> To install, you need to remove the screen, keyboard, top case and palm
rest
> (I seem to recall I had to remove about 25 screws in all). If you are not
> used to working on laptops, you may want to ask your IT person to do it.
As
> you can tell from the above, Dell never designed this thing to be an easy
> after sale fit.

---

>I ended up spending 2 hours and 13 transfers on Dell's 800 number to
finally get the part number 2U381 for the board.

Been there, done that. Dell is the worst company in the world to deal with
over the phone. The only thing any of them know how to do with certainty is
transfer your call to somebody else. To either end up where you started or
to be disconnected. All dissatisfied customers should coordinate a call-in
at the same time and crash their phone system in protest. Even better call
their sales lines and tie them up without buying anything. Asking endless
questions and then put them on hold.