D610 Sleep mode help

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepsrepic

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
My Dell Latitude D610 doesn't work when it it closed then opened. When I close the lid and reopen it it is black, I can hear the fans and hard drive but the screen is black. :eek: :,( :,`(

Solution
Turn off sleep mode when closing the lid. Go to your Control Panel and navigate to Power Options. On the sidebar, select "Change what happens when you close your laptop's lid." Set the dropdown box to "Do nothing."

Also, depending on what OS you are running, sleep mode and hibernate may not be functioning correctly due to outdated drivers. Try updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version, if you want to keep the sleep function.

metalicgeek

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Turn off sleep mode when closing the lid. Go to your Control Panel and navigate to Power Options. On the sidebar, select "Change what happens when you close your laptop's lid." Set the dropdown box to "Do nothing."

Also, depending on what OS you are running, sleep mode and hibernate may not be functioning correctly due to outdated drivers. Try updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version, if you want to keep the sleep function.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.