Question Dac for both pc and ps4

Calcifer87

Reputable
Feb 15, 2016
Hello everyone,
Can I use a single DAC for both ps4 and PC ? i'm asking this because i whish to use the same headphone that I have on pc for the ps4 as well, and so, if I can connect the headphone and microphone to the DAC and then that one to both PC and ps4 ( slim ) I would use only 1 pair of headphone.
is it possible ?
I can only find DAC with only 1 usb imput though.
I was thinking to use a usb splitter so i can connect both or to use the USB to connect the dac with the ps4 and then Toslink for the pc. On pc i have an Asus Xonar dgx and the toslink port should be an OUT port right ?
if both options are available, without loosing audio quality, which one is the best and which models do you advice ?

Thank you

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Been looking around for an easier way of doing things, maybe like pc speakers with 2x optical inputs, there's not much i can find. Logitech have a model but is quite expensive.

Im not sure how good a digital mixer would be, id hate to guess how much they are.

My setup at home with an avr makes combining different devices via hdmi or optical seamless. Could be an alternative if have or make room for?

Avr without speakers doesn't need to be extremely expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR3...&pf_rd_p=af3ad55f-0ac5-5987-a902-90019a7b7ca3

I have 2 PCs and a PS4 hooked up to a DAC. One PC connects via USB to a USB bridge(Singxer SU-1) which connects via I2s to Gustard X20Pro DAC. The other PC connects directly to the X20Pro through USB. The PS4 connects via optical to X20Pro. The DAC then connects to a dedicated headphone amp.

Latest posts