Daemon Tool Pro - HELP

Tequila Tom

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2014
Guys, I need your help asap!

Daemon Tools Pro must be uninstalled because it is causing me serious problems. I get this notification all the time "Daemon Tools doesn't work with this version of windows". There is nothing wrong with my windows, I just simply installed the latest updates. Now it blocks access to my folders... It must be uninstalled but it won't do it. I tried normally, with ccleaner... nothing works. Now it isn't even visible anymore in the list of programs but it is still there

I figured out that by downloading the newest version of Daemon Tools Pro, the install wizards asks if it must uninstall older versions. I click on it but then I get the message "Stop Deamon Tools Pro before it can be uninstalled". I don't know how to stop/close this program, and definitely not since it isn't visible anymore between other programs in the list.

Can you help me please?

Tequila Tom

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2014

It is also saying that Daemon tools is opened in another program and that it must be closed first. I have no idea in which program it is opened.

No Daemon Tool found in task manager (killed it already but still the same problem and can't find Disk Soft Bus Service in Services

StuMor

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Hey,

I'm not too sure if you have found a solution yet, but here is what worked for me when removing Daemon tools after the win 10 anniversary update.

In my case, like yours, I could not run the un-installer due to compatibility issues. I tried going into Program files and removing it however due to disks being mounted by the explorer process it would make this impossible and freeze explorer. So I restarted the PC (Ensuring Daemon tools was not in start-up programs and not starting up explorer which seemed to be linked to the DT process).

Open up an elevated command prompt and it my case it was installed in program files (x86) so I ran

c:\Program Files (x86)>rmdir "DAEMON Tools Pro" /s

To remove the directory without accessing explorer so I could delete the files. Substitute your own Daemon tools file path and make sure you are deleting the correct folder if using the above method!

Tequila Tom

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2014
I think I found a solution for now. I used Norton Utilities to destroy the map Daemon Tools in program files. I think it's still on the computer but it doesn't interfere since it's practically dead...

Sedare

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I had the same problem. I went with downloading and using Revo Uninstaller (freeware download). I was a bit hesitant when it presented the Registry strings, but just selected all and deleted. Rebooted, no more incessant Win 10 incompatibility issues.

senzrp

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

I tried executing rmdir "DAEMON Tools Pro" /s and It said that the system cannot find the file specified and I can't access anything, when I click on file explorer I get the notification and it crashes. How do we proceed ?

nka0805

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016

Maybe you aren't in the right directory that's why it cannot locate the file?