Daily bluescreens caused by 2 different RAM sticks, bad RAM or bad PC?

Oct 13, 2018
I've recently built a new PC, switching from Intel to AMD. My new specs are:
Ryzen 5 2600,
AsusPrime B350-PLUS,
2x 8gb DDR4 RAM (2nd was purchased after constant bluescreens with the first stick),
600w PSU,
2 SSD, 2 HDD.

So after I built my PC I started getting BSODs daily. After googling error codes it was narrowed down to a RAM issue, so I bought a separate stick of RAM to replace the first. After a few days I started getting BSODs again with the new stick (caused by "RAM issues" again).

My question is do you think its likely that I happened to get 2 faulty sticks back to back or is it more likely that there is an issue with my PC? I cant really afford to spend the money on more RAM if it wont fix the issue.

Please let me know if you need any information about the crashes and how to send them on here. Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and how old is the unit? Are you on the latest BIOS update? Make and model of each stick of ram? It'd help us if you could pass on a picture of the sticker on the stick of ram or a link to the sticks of ram purchased. Which slot did you populate the board?

Ideally you should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

go to the motherboard vendors website and update the bios and motherboard drivers.
this will get the best default memory timings for your bios. most bugchecks are going to be caused by old driver versions or ones that do not match your motherboard. generally a bugcheck that is caused by memory will have parameter 1 of the bugcheck code as 0xc0000005

generally, it is best if you put the windows diagnostic minidump from c:\windows\minidump directory
on to a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the files for public access and post a link. Someone with a windows debugger can take a quick look.

do this with any new memory dump after you have updated the bios and motherboard drivers.
if you still suspect memory after the bios update, then you need to download and run memtest86 on its own boot image to confirm your memory timings.

Oct 13, 2018

CPU:Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Asus b350-plus
Ram: Corsair CMV8GX4M1A2133C15, Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16
SSD/HDD: OLD WD blue 1tb HDD, 500gb HDD, 480gb SSD Sandisk, 240gb OCZ
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
PSU: Corsair CX-500
Chassis: NZXT s340

PSU is a few months old. I JUST updated my BIOS, which could well fix the issue since the CPUs are so new, maybe there were teething problems so to speak. I've populated every slot in every combination of both stick individually and combined.

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for this, I've just now updated my BIOS, will reply again with minidumps later on if the BSODs continue.

Oct 13, 2018

I should have mentioned this, yeah that was my first thought as well. I did have a "free" copy of windows that was upgraded when they upgraded everyone to W10. But to be sure, I bought a CD key and reinstalled with a new and legit copy of windows about a month ago. Didn't fix the issues unfortunately, thanks though!