Question Daily BSODs. SSD not detected but temporarily fixed when I reseat SSD & power cables ?

Dec 13, 2022
Problem: About every day it gets a blue screen. BIOS boots up with no SSD detected (where my OS is installed), although it detects the storage HDD fine. If I reseat the SSD & CPU power cable, the system detects the SSD on the next boot and works again for the day. I think it's primarily reseating the CPU cable that produces the best results. Sometimes, if I just clear the CMOS it will detect the SSD, but the blue screen shortly after. It was working for a full month before this with no issues, this was the first computer I've built in a long time - hoping I did everything right.

Attempted Solutions:
*The BIOS updated on my build, but I also tried reverting to an earlier update and no change.
*Also tried swapping the SSD to a different M2 slot, but no success.
*Updated all drivers as well.

System Specs:
Mobo:
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5600g
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 3600 CL18
SSD: Silicon Power A60 1TB m.2-2280 NVME SSD
HDD: Western Digital Blue TB 3.5"
PSU: CX650M Corsair

Built this one month ago, all parts new

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It was working for a full month before this with no issues

I'd RMA the M.2 drive, since it looks like it has developed a fault.

Btw, i too had my 1st Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB die on me within 30 or so days. Of course, for me, it was like on/off switch, where MoBo just wasn't able to detect and boot from the drive, regardless in which M.2 slot i put it in. So, i RMAd my drive, got new one as replacement and replacement works like a charm. And has been for the past 8 months or so.

Dec 13, 2022
I'd RMA the M.2 drive, since it looks like it has developed a fault.

Btw, i too had my 1st Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB die on me within 30 or so days. Of course, for me, it was like on/off switch, where MoBo just wasn't able to detect and boot from the drive, regardless in which M.2 slot i put it in. So, i RMAd my drive, got new one as replacement and replacement works like a charm. And has been for the past 8 months or so.
I'm looking into replacing the CPU & hopefully motherboard. Is there any reason why reseating the CPU cable or clearing the CMOS would fix the M.2 for a short time?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is there any reason why reseating the CPU cable or clearing the CMOS would fix the M.2 for a short time?

This is unknown. My best guess is that the initial drive detection works, but any following usage, of already detected drive, doesn't work.
Here, the issue could be MoBo, or M.2 SSD. I'd lean towards M.2 SSD, since chances that both M.2 slots on MoBo are bad, are low. While you're getting BSoD indicates data corruption on the M.2 SSD. That, and since your drive worked fine for ~30 days. My drive also died after ~30 days.