Question Daisy Chain/MST not working with 3 Monitors using AMD Radeon 7950 & Three Lenovo P24h-20 ?

Apr 9, 2022
Hi Everyone,

As the title indicates, I am struggling to get output on the 3rd monitor. The setup is as follows:

GFX Card is AMD Radeon 7950 -> miniDP to DP cable plugged in (v1.2)
Lenovo P24h-20 x 3 - the DP end above is plugged into one, and then from first to second and second to third, I am using DP 1.2 cables
OS is Windows 10

Display settings shows all 3 monitors however the final one in the chain shows "isn't active" and making it active does not work.

First Monitor setting - Daisy Chain Auto
Second Monitor setting - Daisy Chain on
Third Monitor setting - Daisy Chain off (various sources online state to turn the final one off)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
This monitor?

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/monitor/thinkvision_p24h_20_ug_en.pdf

[Do verify that I found the applicable User Guide.]

However, before changing anything review the User Guide to ensure that all other configuration settings are as they should be with respect to your overall display requirements. There are quite a number of options and it is all too easy to overlook something.

= = = =

Region? Where did you get the DP cables?

For DP connections, Lenovo recommends specific cables. Reference physically numbered Page 1-7 of the User Guide.]

Also verify that you correctly set and saved the DP Daisy Chain function as necessary for each monitor. Reference Page 2-7.

Try turning on DP Daisy Chain on the 3rd Monitor (which you may have done re: "active"). No harm in verifying.

Try swapping the monitors order. Determine if it is always monitor #3 in order failing to display or the same physical monitor failing to display when daisy chained.

TRENDING THREADS