Question Damage on the GPU’s back plate

Jun 9, 2023
I bought a used Titan Xp a month ago. Its performance is good, the gpu doesn’t overheat, clock frequency can be increased by 150 Mhz. But today I’ve noticed that there’s damage at the end of the back plate and textolite. Does this mean that the gpu was damaged which affected the performance?
DsTvq.jpg

Solution
Then that is merely cosmetic damage.
Ask the seller, I am sure after this much time he won't care and just come clean, especially if you tell him that you won't pursue anything, the card works perfectly and you are just curious.

If it works as intended, can oc nicely, doesn't overheat or do some weird thing, as well as survives a stress test, it may very well just be a cosmetic issue but you might never know.

That "not knowing" is part of buying used. I couldn't live like that but you do youo_O

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
"Its performance is good, the gpu doesn’t overheat, clock frequency can be increased by 150 Mhz."

You tell us? Does it perform similarly to what it should?

What are the clock speeds?

A standard benchmark score like 3DMark or something?

Jun 9, 2023
"Its performance is good, the gpu doesn’t overheat, clock frequency can be increased by 150 Mhz."

You tell us? Does it perform similarly to what it should?

What are the clock speeds?

A standard benchmark score like 3DMark or something?
Ideally, the Titan Xp's core clock could go up to 160MHz, but my graphics card can only go up to 150MHz. 3DMark graphics score without overclocking in fire strike is 30 830, with overclocking(150 Mhz) is 32 435. These are good results compared to other graphics cards of the same model.

Jun 3, 2023
Then that is merely cosmetic damage.
Ask the seller, I am sure after this much time he won't care and just come clean, especially if you tell him that you won't pursue anything, the card works perfectly and you are just curious.

If it works as intended, can oc nicely, doesn't overheat or do some weird thing, as well as survives a stress test, it may very well just be a cosmetic issue but you might never know.

That "not knowing" is part of buying used. I couldn't live like that but you do youo_O

Reactions: SomethingSomeone
Solution