Question Damaged CPU or Motherboard? Constant Stuttering

Jan 10, 2019
I decided to install some different fans in my PC. After I did this my PC would not boot stating a ram issue. I tried reaseating the ram and then the power cables where they are connected to the motherboard and it seemed to work (although not initially as it decided it did not recognise my Keyboard at first few boots). My PC used to be able to run Battlefield 1 on ultra with almost constant 60fps , however now, regardless of the settings I am getting constant stuttering every second or two and I also have audio stuttering and i have tested other games with the same effect. Does anyone think I damaged something? Thank you

My specs are:
i7 2600k clocked at 4.9ghz at 1.4v
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
MSI Armor RTX 2070
16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengence LP ram
EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Noctua NH-D15

Jan 10, 2019

Hi, yes I did and I have 2 ram sticks in my pc. Sorry I didn't say that I had tried with my old 8gb sticks and with a single stick in the furthest slot away from the CPU before I managed to get the computer to boot. I can try again if you feel it is worth it but I am obviously hesitant to go digging in the PC at the moment as I am worried I will mess something else up.

I did clear my CMOS using the button for 3-5 seconds with the system fully off. I updated my GPU driver as it was out of date however I can try the CPU driver as well

Thanks for your replies so far guys :).

Edit:
I have taken some logs in MSI afterburner of me playing BF1 at low settings and then ultra. I indicated where I changed on the chart of the fourth image with a red line. the FPS used to be a solid line before this happened. I have also tried running with no OC but with the same effect.
MSI Logs

magmgarcia

Prominent
Nov 9, 2018