[SOLVED] Damaged Hard Drive?

Not long ago, I was cable managing my desk and moved my pc and dropped a side of it and it hit the floor (was not strong it was only a drop from like 3cm) and i put it down while i was cable managing. Today i cable managed everything. But also i cable managed the inside of my pc and moved my gpu when it was slightly out of place after the mild drop. So today i booted my pc and came up an error, "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I went into the bios and the hdd is discovered but i keep retrying and keeps coming up with the same error. Could it be my hard drive that is damaged or my cables being out of place? Also what are the chances of a hdd getting destroyed?

Solution
I think there's a pretty good chance something happened to the HD.
I have damaged them by impacting them.
Then again....I have also had many just plain fail.
I think about all you can do is replace the cables and try it again.
...or you could also try it on another machine....but I wouldn't get real optimistic.
I think there's a pretty good chance something happened to the HD.
I have damaged them by impacting them.
Then again....I have also had many just plain fail.
I think about all you can do is replace the cables and try it again.
...or you could also try it on another machine....but I wouldn't get real optimistic.

Solution
Apr 11, 2018
Seeing that i had an issue with HDD's in the past there is a good chance it was damaged from that small drop.Those drives can be very fragile.So try plugging it into another PC and see if it boots.