Jul 1, 2020
Howdy, Its me. Again. I finally traded in my 5700xt that was a brick with black screens and got a 2070 super, only to get home and realize my smart butt didn't delete the AMD drivers. After installing the NVIDIA GPU, I was plagued with pixel artifacts and random flickers and screen tares. I then painstakingly waded through all of this to download DDU, cleared the AMD drivers, then ran NVIDIAs lates drivers for the 2070s. After restart, the issue persists and now I'm at a standstill. This is my first build, and so far my experience has just been "look how much money I can spend for an RGB paperweight." Really not having fun with my first stint away from Apple lol.

Any help at all could be great. My next step is probably to safe wipe the NVMe and just run at everything again from the get go, but we'll see how that works.

UPDATE: after wiping my SSD I'm still seeing these flickers in the BIOS menus AND during my windows installing process (See attached videos in my dropbox link thingy.) Maybe its a damaged PCIe slot? please help, i'm working on this nearly 14 hours per day now and its getting crazy out of hand.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14lUwoulcUwY3Y6-EO2LcF1zYChHpTdkB?usp=sharing

Last edited: