[SOLVED] Dark Rock 4 pro fan direction

Jul 11, 2019
Just installed the dark rock 4 pro cooler and was wondering if it matters which direction the center fan is facing? In the manual it shows it facing the opposite direction from the face face and in their youtube video it showed the center fan facing the same direction as the face fan. Does it matter?

Solution
Fans should move air in the same direction for push/pull setup.

You can always check the airflow direction on the side of the fan - you should see 2 arrows, one will show airflow direction and one will show rotation direction.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
They should be going in the same direction. Typically this would be pulling from the exposed fan through the heatsink, through the middle fan, and out the back of the case.

In some AMD mountings this may be pointed up towards the top of the case instead.

I'm not seeing that in the manual at all. Both fans are pointed in the right (same) direction.

Jul 11, 2019
Gotcha, guess I was confused because im not seeing the logo on the front of the center fan in the manual, but I do see now the fan blades are the same direction. So I am using it on the AMD build. CPU temp is resting around 30-35C. I feel silly because I cant recall which direction I put it in and cant see due to limited case space. I'd have to remove it all just to find out. ARG!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Fans should move air in the same direction for push/pull setup.

You can always check the airflow direction on the side of the fan - you should see 2 arrows, one will show airflow direction and one will show rotation direction.

Solution