ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Dark Rock 4 Pro with Trident Z Rgb on Bequiet's site
Hi, I have gathered here 3 questions which are about the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 Pro and its compatibility.
First of all, I would like to make sure that I can use 2 trident z rgb sticks in the Msi X470 Gaming Pro Carbon without problems with this cooler. I 've seen photos such as the one in BeQuiet's site which has the Dark Rock 4 Pro with 2 trident z rgb, but they are put in the 1st and 3rd slots from left to right side looking. So, will they feet if I put them in the 2nd and 4th slot from left to right, without touching the fan? I 've also heard that I can put the fan a bit up but I am not sure if it works.
Secondly, if it's alright with 2 ram sticks, I would like to ask if I will be able in the future to add 2 more sticks so I can have 32Gbs (I don't say that I will, but perhaps if I want)? Will they fit? Also, I don't want to place the front fan to the back (from push to pull) as some people say.
Lastly, if generally the Trident z rgb aren't suitable for this big cooler, then which ram sticks are???

Please help me make a wise decision!!! And thank you for your patience reading all this text ;)

Last edited:

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Hey Ioannis,

Just wanted to ask a few questions, is there a reason in particular you want this fan?

The ram sticks should fit but you would be causing thermal issues as the radiator of the fan would be hovering over the RAM, which means the heat displaced from the CPU would be moving to the RAM due to how close the radiator and RAM would be.

To be honest getting RGB RAM and hiding them would kinda ruin the point of them. Have you thought of an AIO?

Reactions: ioannis2015v
Hey Ioannis,

Just wanted to ask a few questions, is there a reason in particular you want this fan?

The ram sticks should fit but you would be causing thermal issues as the radiator of the fan would be hovering over the RAM, which means the heat displaced from the CPU would be moving to the RAM due to how close the radiator and RAM would be.

To be honest getting RGB RAM and hiding them would kinda ruin the point of them. Have you thought of an AIO?

I was about to write the same as GeForce1012, theres no much point in adding such a huge cooler and cover your RGB RAM.

Do you have the TridentZ sticks already ?

Also you wana make sure that you still get dual channel functionality by placing the RAM onto the slots you mention, mobo manual should show that.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hey Ioannis,

Thanks for your response. When you say AIO, you mean a liquid cooler? Because I don't want to put a liquid cooler in my pc. I don't want to have water in the case. I want to be sure that I am safe, despite I love how they look like and the place they free. So, I wanted a cpu air cooler which will be very good and nice (that's why I don't go with noctua 😂).

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
  • I was about to write the same as GeForce1012, theres no much point in adding such a huge cooler and cover your RGB RAM.

Do you have the TridentZ sticks already ?

Also you wana make sure that you still get dual channel functionality by placing the RAM onto the slots you mention, mobo manual should show that.
    No, I don't have yet the ram sticks. I don't have any part except from the gpu. I want the trident z rgb because they look nice. Even with this cooler in front they are seen.

GeForce1012

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Thanks for your response. When you say AIO, you mean a liquid cooler? Because I don't want to put a liquid cooler in my pc. I don't want to have water in the case. I want to be sure that I am safe, despite I love how they look like and the place they free. So, I wanted a cpu air cooler which will be very good and nice (that's why I don't go with noctua 😂).

Okay I understand where you coming from now :D

Just a sort of suggestion, I would say why not use the wraith prism from the AMD CPU? The temps from them aren't that bad if you have good airflow in the case (plus you can save the money you would spend on the cooler on getting some better parts).

If not I would still bring up my point of heat displacement and maybe go for a cooler that has the radiator a little further from the RAM such as the: CoolerMaster MA410M.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Okay I understand where you coming from now :D

Just a sort of suggestion, I would say why not use the wraith prism from the AMD CPU? The temps from them aren't that bad if you have good airflow in the case (plus you can save the money you would spend on the cooler on getting some better parts).

If not I would still bring up my point of heat displacement and maybe go for a cooler that has the radiator a little further from the RAM such as the: CoolerMaster MA410M.
Ok, I understand what you mean. I will see what I will do. But I wanted a high-end air cooler to keep the cpu at low temps because of the high temperature of the house.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
The fans on the cooler are held in place by spring clips; they can be re-positioned to raise the fan a bit higher if you need the clearance, assuming it is the fan causing clearance issues and not the cooling fins?
Yes, I think you might be right. Anyway, will this mean that I will be able to use 4 trident z rgb sticks? And also which ram sticks are shorter to fit better???

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Also remember, your CPU temps will always be a derivative of the ambient air temperature. If the room temp goes up, your CPU temps will be higher. When the room is cooler, they will show cooler.

Air and normal liquid cooling can never cool at or lower than room temperatures at idle and certainly not under load.

I cannot confirm your exact RAM height questions. If you have the cooler and some of the sticks, do the test yourself...it should be quite easy. Also, you can find memory height by doing some searches based on the dimensions you want to stay within.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Also remember, your CPU temps will always be a derivative of the ambient air temperature. If the room temp goes up, your CPU temps will be higher. When the room is cooler, they will show cooler.

Air and normal liquid cooling can never cool at or lower than room temperatures at idle and certainly not under load.

I cannot confirm your exact RAM height questions. If you have the cooler and some of the sticks, do the test yourself...it should be quite easy. Also, you can find memory height by doing some searches based on the dimensions you want to stay within.
Ok thanks for your help and your interest. I just can't understand for what ram sticks does the company Bequiet suggest this cooler. Isn't trident z a famous ram sticks and also short?

Dark Rock 4 Pro with Trident Z Rgb on Bequiet's site's site
Hi, I have gathered here 3 questions which are about the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 Pro and its compatibility.
First of all, I would like to make sure that I can use 2 trident z rgb sticks in the Msi X470 Gaming Pro Carbon without problems with this cooler. I 've seen photos such as the one in BeQuiet's site which has the Dark Rock 4 Pro with 2 trident z rgb, but they are put in the 1st and 3rd slots from left to right side looking. So, will they feet if I put them in the 2nd and 4th slot from left to right, without touching the fan? I 've also heard that I can put the fan a bit up but I am not sure if it works.
Secondly, if it's alright with 2 ram sticks, I would like to ask if I will be able in the future to add 2 more sticks so I can have 32Gbs (I don't say that I will, but perhaps if I want)? Will they fit? Also, I don't want to place the front fan to the back (from push to pull) as some people say.
Lastly, if generally the Trident z rgb aren't suitable for this big cooler, then which ram sticks are???

Please help me make a wise decision!!! And thank you for your patience reading all this text ;)
Use the slim variant of the cooler