[SOLVED] Dark Rock Pro 4 fans not detected by BIOS

Aug 18, 2020
Hi, I installed a brand new Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 on my Asus Prime Z390-P, instead of a CoolerMaster TX3 Evo.

I connected the two SilentWings of the DRP4 to the CPU_FAN pin with the supplied Y-cable. First, I got a BIOS error: CPU FAN ERROR. I searched and disabled the minimum CPU FAN rotation limit.

After that, I can now boot but the fans are not detected by the BIOS and never run. I assume that the CPU_FAN pin is working because just before the TX3 Evo was working correctly. Do you have any ideas? BIOS update? Defective Y-cable? Or connect the fans to another pins?

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Thanks for your help. I checked the splitter, but it wasn't that. Finally, it turns out that my idea to turn the fans on themselves (to have an air flow in the direction of my box reversed) was a bad idea because the rubber bands were blocking the fan blades. So I reinstalled the fans in the basic direction and I turned the DRP4 over completely.
Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for your help. I checked the splitter, but it wasn't that. Finally, it turns out that my idea to turn the fans on themselves (to have an air flow in the direction of my box reversed) was a bad idea because the rubber bands were blocking the fan blades. So I reinstalled the fans in the basic direction and I turned the DRP4 over completely.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS