'Dark Souls' Comes To An End With 'The Ringed City' Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on PC and decided to start a new character first, to test the stability of the game prior to jumping into the latest DLC. For me, there's prolongued periods where frame latency hits over 280ms, driver not responding errors/crashes, and unrecoverable crashes that require a system reboot. When it does run, I can't alt-tab or exit the game from fullscreen or its unrecoverable. The solution for that is to switch to windowed mode, and then alt-tab / closing the program works.

I hope its me and a fresh driver install or some other similar step fixes things up (though no other program has symptoms).

I've heard its a great sendoff for the series, so looking forward to banging this out soonish.

I think its most likely something to do with your drivers or system as iv had the game since release and never really encountered any of the issues you seem to have run perfect on 4k@60.

Yeah I've never experienced that personally but every rig is different. The fullscreen thing, yeah that is annoying though. However its been like that since DS1, super hard to tab out. One issue I did come across that has been in the game since release is sometimes upon exiting the game it turns off the monitors and cannot get them to turn on again.

That one is a 144hz issue, have to put the refresh rate at 120hz and it is fine.

paulbatzing

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014

I have had the exact same problem since the first DLC hit. It usually works up until one or two deaths, and stops working after that. I have 900 hours in the game and never seen any kind of freeze before the first DLC. I have even reinstalled both game and drivers. Any help is particularly appreciated.

Sep 10, 2013

Do you have an NVIDIA card? You could try optimising the game via geforce experience;
Another thing could be setting the fps limit to 60 under video settings. (I vaguely recall this is an option, can't verify right now.)

paulbatzing

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014

I have indeed an NVIDIA card, and I have tried this. Googleing a bit it seems related to gsync, so I will try playing without gsync and see what happens.

I used Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller to completely wipe away all nvidia drivers / files in safe mode, and did a fresh install of the drivers. This cleared up the issue with alt-tabbing and exiting the game from fullscreen. That all works just fine now. There's still a frame latency of around 280ms for extended periods as new areas load in. I guess I'm stuck with that, and no crashing so far but I've not had much time to really put that to the test yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS