Dark Souls PTD Edition - invalid product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJC8917

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I recently bought a retail copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from play.com and I'm encountering an extremely frustrating problem.

During the first install, I was greeted with a prompt asking for the product key. I entered it and the game seemed to install fine. So I run it, and there's a GFWL pop-up asking me to sign in to my windows live account. So I enter my email and password, after which I'm greeted with another screen asking for my product key again, although the text fields are already filled with the same one I entered during installation.

I agree to the terms and click submit, only to get a message a few seconds later saying the product key is invalid. Which is nonsense as it's already been proven to be a valid one.

After a couple of hours, I decided to reinstall Dark Souls. I entered the product key again during install and when it was done, I ran it and signed in to my Live account. Again the text fields for the product key were full, so I hit submit again. Only this time, I get a message saying there's a network problem and I can't sign in - no mention of the product key.

After that I exited the game and ran it again, went through the same steps, only to get the invalid product key message again! Grgh!!!

I looked online and there seems to be a few topics appearing from people with the same issue, but haven't yet come up with a fix. I've tried to contact live support a few times about it, but I haven't got anywhere with it yet. It's so frustrating.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Probably the activation servers are on the blink, give it day, if no joy, log a support ticket with the support team. If they can't help, return to Play.Com and enclose any conversation you have with as proof of fault.

MJC8917

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks das_stig, and apologies for the late reply.

Yeah that must be it. I just tried it a minute ago, and it's still doing it. Just gonna have to wait it out and hope they fix it soon. I'll update this thread if I find a fix for it.

abougoudou

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hi MJC8917

I'm having the same problem as you did (except I bought my copy on Steam). Did you find a solution ? I spent a whole day trying things but now I don't really know what else to do and Steam support haven't answered yet.

I hear it might have something to do with Games For Microsoft Live, but I don't see what I can do about it.

best thing to do is sign in to gfwl and then go to the help section. get the email addi for the support desk and tell them your problem. sorry to say no 1 else can help you here because your game has been validated and come up either it has been already registered or when you did register it the first time it bugged out... the support desk will rectify this for you within a reasonable time.
see if you can find a support irc like e.a have it will be sorted there and then if you can get onto that.

Status
Not open for further replies.