testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
https://postimg.cc/dZFHj617
Can someone tell me what are these black spots on my screen?
it can only be seen on dark colours like gray and blue(on white it cant be seen at all)
Screen is Lcd Lenovo ThinkVision 76hz 1280x1024 (idk which model). I dont know when it started occuring but i saw it today.
Are they just stuck pixels or these spots dont receive enough light. Also im using DVI single connector

Full pc specs:
mb: ih61m,
i5 2320,
1333 2x4 kingstom ram,
1tb toshiba hdd,
gpu rx 550,
psu: flc 450l.

I will try to let monitor rest for some time and see if something changes.

Solution
So in your case did your spots appear as soon as u start pc or after some time ?
So what shoud i do now unplug monitor and let it rest even longer or?

As the spots on my old monitor screen were definitley insects (had to be because some of them were crawling across the screen, not yet dead) I could see them as soon as Windows had a white background (eg Windows Explorer or using this forum. The insects were always there even when monitor was turned off, it's just that you could only see them against a white background.

If they are insects in your monitor too, unplugging it and letting it rest won't make any difference. And if it also suffers from burn-in the only permanent fix is a new monitor.
I could be wrong but they look like bugs/insects that have found there way in to the screen panel. I got them on a cheap monitor after a few months (but not as many as in your pic). As far as I know there is no fix other than replacing the monitor.

I wanted a larger screen so I've been using a more expensive Acer monitor for 4 years and still no sign of any bugs in the screen.
So I guess the screens on some cheaper monitors aren't sealed very well.

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
Welp its not noticeable when playing games or doing stuff because its only noticeable when whole screen is just one color, so i guess ill live with it.

Edit: so when i start pc and i check on these spots on dark backgroud color they are gone (almost entirely visible) but after a 30 minutes of using pc the spots gets darker (starts with one spot going darker then after time all of them) until they are completely dark(as in shown pictures). Even restarting wont help, i need to shut down pc for some time so spots can get invisible again

Another edit: i saw riot games logo ald other desktop icons inside of black dots so its probably stuck pixels. So this time ill let monitor rest for 24 hours and see if it will be gone

Last edited:
If they aren't bugs/insects I don't know what they are. I don't have that problem at all on my monitor screen. May be someone else will give their opinion.

But be aware that since you have marked my previous post as the "Best Solution" it shows the thread as "Solved". This will have the effect of many would-be helpers ignoring it.
So you might want to click on the red trophy icon to remove the "Solved" status.

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
So i let monitor rest for 22 hours after i turned it on i opened google chrome to see if spots are gone but no they arent, each one was still there but less visible like it was always when turning monitor on after resting(turned off). Desktop icons (like burn in or image retention)can only be visible when spots get completely dark

(I had a problem 2 years ago when monitor was staring at desktop for whole night and i got burn in(or image retenrion)desktop icons, i fixed that by letting monitor rest 12 hours and it was completely gone, and then there were not black spots only desktop icons that were burn in. But in current case there are desktop icons burn in + black spots at their position, but i have screen saver that activates after 5 mins and i always shut down pc when not using it). So in your case did your spots appear as soon as u start pc or after some time.

Last edited:
So in your case did your spots appear as soon as u start pc or after some time ?

As the spots on my old monitor screen were definitley insects (had to be because some of them were crawling across the screen, not yet dead) I could see them as soon as Windows had a white background (eg Windows Explorer or using this forum. The insects were always there even when monitor was turned off, it's just that you could only see them against a white background.

If they are insects in your monitor too, unplugging it and letting it rest won't make any difference. And if it also suffers from burn-in the only permanent fix is a new monitor.

Solution